Co-operative Bank of Kenya
Head Agri Co-operatives
As a customer-centric financial institution, we draw a rich heritage in the agricultural sector where we have been able to impact lives through partnerships with various co-operative societies.
We seek to further deepen our relations by getting a highly motivated and results-oriented individual who has a passion for the Co-operative movement in Kenya.
The ideal candidate will use innovative mechanisms to catalyze and influence change in Agrico-operatives through partnerships in the private and public sector, working at business level influencing best practices, policy and regulation, to create better performing systems that are inclusive and create wealth for all along the value chain.
Reporting to the Director Co-operatives, the Head Agrico-operatives will be responsible for the maintenance, growth, good management and enhancement of the business and relations existing between the bank and the agriculture cooperatives and other agribusiness customers.
Specifically, the successful jobholder will be required to:
- Formulate and continually review policies and strategies that ensure good and enhanced business volumes between bank, the Agri-cooperatives and agribusiness customers- the department’s business plan.
- Review and recommend appropriate amendments to the credit policy relating to agriculture cooperatives and agribusiness entities.
- Spearhead business growth by focusing a team of relationship managers on the sales force excellency model.
- Spearhead the departments’ growth in Non-funded income while focusing on new opportunities for the same.
- Review constantly Relationship Managers’ account plans with a clear focus of ensuring that opportunities identified are converted into closed deals while also ensuring that NFIs are given priority.
- Work closely with relevant Government agencies and development partners in order to maintain a competitive edge in the industry by being ahead of the competition in all Agri Co-operatives and Agribusiness ventures.
- Grow quality credit volumes and manage credit accounts to eliminate opportunities of the same becoming bad.
- Broaden the consumption base of the Bank products by the Agrico-ops by creating awareness of the existing products and sell the same to Co-operatives.
- Carry out market research and intelligence relevant to the development of Co-operatives business and satisfaction of the customers’ needs and develop the necessary products and business strategies based on the survey results.
- Ensure collaboration and support to branches, product houses and other departments within the Bank.
- Ensure that quality appraisal is done ( and in the approved format) on all credit requests received in the department and that the bank’s decision is communicated to the customers immediately.
- Ensure that the Departments PAR is maintained at less than 5%.
- Prepare project proposals to solicit for donor funding, implement donor supported projects and ensure that proper accounting records are maintained and required periodic returns prepared and submitted on time to the respective bodies.
Desired Skills and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business related field from a recognized university coupled with Certification in agri-financing and Credit management.
- At least 5 years’ experience in agribusiness or working with co-operatives 2 of which must be at a senior management level.
- Excellent relationship management with the ability to interact and negotiate with customers/donors at a senior level.
- Customer focused & results orientated.
- Superior leadership, management and co-ordination skills with the ability to influence positively and engage direct and indirect reports and peers.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
How to apply:
If you are confident that you fit the role and person profile and you are keen to add value to your career then please forward your application enclosing detailed Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the job reference number HAC/CBD/2016 by 23rd November, 2016.
We are an equal opportunity employer.