Construction Job Vacancies
We are Civil & Mechanical Engineering Company (Construction Industry) Headquartered at Mombasa, Kenya.
It is a high-tech and progressive with a hands-on management approach specializing in the following;
Construction of Gas and Oil Plants and refineries, Airports, Roads, earth works, Buildings, Structures, Dams, Construction of Oil storage depots, Power Plants, Fabrication of Plant Piping and structural works
As part of our growth strategy, we are looking to employ a qualified, experienced and mature persons for the position of Construction Project Manager;
Industry Type: Civil and Mechanical Engineering Construction
Functional Area: Construction / Maintenance
Location: Kenya, Somalia, DR Congo and Zambia
Nature of Job: Full time
Position Description: The Construction Project Manager provides on-site direction for all aspects of construction for their assigned project(s).
Required skills include knowledge of materials, methods, processes, procedures and equipment involved in the construction of buildings and related site work. Manage project costs to ensure completion within budgetary expectations.
The position holder will develop the project schedule in critical path steps and budget time required to meet deadlines.
He will inspect and review projects construction in progress to enforce compliance with plans, specifications, building and safety codes.
The job shall involve scheduling and directing all subcontractors and vendors through all activities to full completion of the project.
They will be expected to hold extensive knowledge of principles and processes for providing client satisfaction in meeting quality, cost and schedule expectations.
The Project Manager’s purpose is to plan, schedule and coordinate all phases of a major construction project, including cost accounting and billing procedures, procurement, and liaising with owners, architects, subcontractors, suppliers, etc.
The main duties include;
- Project start-up activities
- Subcontract negotiations
- Scheduling and coordination of subcontracts
- Project cost accounting
- Owners billings
- Building materials procurement
- Change orders
- Supervising Project Administrators, Project Engineers, Field Office Managers, MEP Coordinators, etc.
- Bachelors of Science degree in Civil engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Construction and Building Engineering or Management or related degree.
- Proficient computer skills including Excel, Word and Microsoft Project as well as specialized construction or Architectural software’s.
- Certification in Project Management would be an added advantage.
- Must have 15+ years’ experience working on mid- to large-sized commercial or civil construction projects;
- Mature and able to lead and motivate a large and diverse team
- Local subcontractor relationships
- Strong cost management background
- Strong scheduling background
- Good people management and empowerment skills
- Experience working in Africa or Middle East or Horn of Africa will be an added advantage.
- Experience in one or more of the following types of construction: Airports, healthcare facilities, university facilities, research labs, sports facilities, corporate build-to-suite, public facilities, hospitality or themed entertainment facilities.
- This is a senior position and a competitive compensation package will be offered to the selected candidate.
- Should have a valid passport
- The company will offer favourable benefits.
- Please indicate a summary of projects handled and value for each in your CV.
How to Apply
Send your application and scanned testimonials including recent photo by email not later than 30th November 2016.