Job Title: Customs Clearance Supervisor
Salary: 50K – 70K
A global moving, relocation and shipping company is looking to hire a Customs Clearance Supervisor for their offices in Nairobi.
S/he will provide leadership and guidance to clearance clerks and liaise with relevant stakeholders to ensure clients cargo is cleared in a timely fashion and proper documentation is made.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with all stakeholders in planning strategies so as to clear and release the client’s shipment on time
- Assist in prioritizing shipment which requires immediate clearance with customs and prepare report on shipment released and pending shipment to be cleared on a daily basis
- Liaise with customs and other relevant authorities for any issues that will arise during clearance of cargo
- Process customs clearance documentation for the clients and liaise with relevant authorities on a daily basis so as to deliver excellent customer service to all customers
- Work on assigned key account customers to ensure their needs are met in a timely manner
- Continually develop knowledge on customs qualifications, ensuring new regulations are understood and implemented where required
- Handle technical details relating international transportation, such as customs regulations and any necessary documentation
- To efficiently evaluate the costs of transportation, services and inventory within any budget or distribution strategy
- Responsible for administrative functions such as budgeting, equipment and liaison to customer service
- Ensure that all elements of the domestic and international distribution process are coordinated to meet customer requirements in a timely and high quality
- Develop procedures and key performance indicators to monitor quality and regular measurements to determine effectiveness of procedures implemented
- Meet or exceed established goals relative to on-time delivery and shipping accuracy performance for customer shipments
- Improve operational efficiencies to increase ability to process customer orders using both systems and physical improvements
- Ensure proper compliance and adherence to export /import administration regulations
Skills and Qualifications
- 5-years experience in Logistics (local and International) 3 of which must be in a supervisory capacity
- Must be conversant with the KRA clearance procedures and Simba System
- Relevant qualifications and systems training associated with Logistics Management
- Must be computer literate with high proficiency in Microsoft office
- Diploma in Customer Service is an added advantage
- Knowledge of documentation requirements
- Must have the ability to clear both sea & air shipments
- An overall professional and positive attitude
How to Apply
Please only send your CV quoting the job title in the email subject (Customs Clearance Supervisor) to email@example.com before Tuesday 29th November, 2016.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.
|Company / Organization||
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||