Our client, a leading manufacturer of wire products is seeking to recruit a Declaration Officer.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Preparing export documents.
- Sending the above to the clearing agent for lodgments on the same day.
- Tracking shipments, updating on arrival information and ensuring correct shipping documentation.
- Following up on the verification of all exports with the customs offices.
- Undertake all declaration procedures for imports and exports.
- Application of Import Declaration Forms for all shipment.
- Making sure bond returns are done on time
- Receive incoming materials for the bond
- Maintaining a proper record of all shipments in the bonded warehouse
- Sending required import documents for clearance on time
- Bonds management and cancellation procedures
- Application of standardization stickers where applicable
- Make sure that all the records are up to date with respective office of the customs department
- Following up with the warehousing approval.
- Liaise with suppliers for timely shipments, follow up for documents to be received and goods cleared well in time to avoid late documentation charges, storage charges and demurrages.
- Follow up correspondence between various statutory bodies and other parties including KRA, KBS, KPA, etc.
- Ensure correct use of Kenya Revenue Authority Tariffs.
- Ensure that correct values are used during declaration and other related procedures to avoid losses that may accrue because of penalties.
- Establish and maintain a working relationship with customs office.
- Making sure inspections and speed governors are renewed on time
- Applying for KEBS exemption for raw materials, spares and machines
- Following up with KEBS standardization permits
- Applying marine cover notes
Qualification and Experience
- Diploma in Clearing and Forwarding
- A Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the same capacity
- Highly conversant with KRA Simba system and Orgus (will be an added advantage)
- Must have knowledge of government procedures relating to imports and exports knowledge of customs laws pertaining to Kenya, east and central Africa.
- Possess a high degree of integrity, honesty and confidentiality
To apply, send your CV and cover letter only to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before close of business 20th November, 2016.
Clearly indicate the position applied for and salary expectation on the subject line
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement.