The client takes a transaction-centered approach to frontier markets.
This role has a unique blend of administrative and accounting requirements. Our client is seeking candidates that have held an operations and/or accounting role inside a private investment or consulting firm.
This combination of experience will be critical to supporting our client’s firm, which straddles public and private spheres of work, and often employs innovative structures to bring investment into difficult markets.
The DFO is ideally located in Nairobi, but could be based in Washington, New York City, or Johannesburg dependant on candidate preferences.
- 5+ years of experience in accounting and operations – ideally in support of a US government contractor and/or private investment or consulting firm
- Experience in a private sector firm, preferably in finance or consulting
- Robust accounting skill sets – including tracking cash flow, preparing tax returns, and supporting audits
- Knowledge of FAR, CFR, AIDAR, and federal reporting requirement
- Passion for the mission of unlocking private capital to make a strong return and a lasting difference in frontier markets
- Bachelor’s degree required; additional qualifications – such as a graduate degree or a CPA – will be regarded favorably
- Enthusiasm for building robust administrative, compliance, HR, and accounting functions in a rapidly growing firm focused on frontier markets
- Absolute attention to detail and willingness to accept final responsibility for all administrative requirements
- Experience in government contracting environment, preferably with USAID contracts and grants
- Comfortable researching and understanding tax and compliance requirements in several emerging market countries
- Monitor our client’s LLC’s finances and ensure appropriate accounting through Deltek
- Monitor Client Energy’s (small private equity fund) accounting
- Monitor tax compliance in multiple countries (US, Kenya, Mauritius, etc.); lead correspondence with Client’s tax and accounting service providers
- Monitor cash management and banking relationships
- Work closely with our accountant to manage payroll and expenses ― Provide budgeting and internal financial forecasting
- Be comfortable to step in to execute bookkeeping and expense reporting requirements as needed (though this can be outsourced)
- Manage diverse compliance and reporting requirements (including US regulations, foreign regulations, and USAID), monitor budgets and expenditures, and support annual audits
- Lead correspondence with public sector clients on compliance requirements
- Maintain company’s suite of benefits, respond to employee concerns, monitor timekeeping, and conduct new hire onboarding
- Lead recruiting efforts – identifying, engaging, and selecting investment professionals for openings in our global offices
- Oversee client’s operations infrastructure – including software platforms and services
- Support preparation of bid responses and proposals in order to meet client compliance requirements; support correspondence with clients on contract finalization and renewal
Please send a Cover Letter and your CV to email@example.com marking the subject as “2538”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2538 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Applications are rolling.
If you have any issues with the process, please reach out to +254702093793 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Good luck!