The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is a global leader in the fight against pediatric HIV and AIDS, working in 15 countries and at over 5,500 sites around the world to prevent the transmission of HIV to children, and to help those already infected.
Today, because of the highly successful work of the Foundation and its partners, pediatric AIDS has been virtually eliminated in the United States.
With a growing global staff of over 1,000—nine of 10 who work in the field—the Foundation’s global mission is to eliminate pediatric HIV and AIDS by implementing HIV prevention, care, and treatment programs; further advance innovative research; and to execute strategic and targeted global advocacy activities to bring dramatic change to the lives of millions of women, children, and families worldwide.
EGPAF Kenya is looking to recruit 1 Regional County Coordinator – CIFF ACT Adolescent Project to be based in Kisumu
Job Summary: Reporting to the Project Manager- CIFF ACT Adolescent Project and working in close collaboration with the CHMT/SCHMT, Implementing Partners and USG Implementing Partners, the Regional County Coordinator will be responsible for overseeing the planning, implementation and monitoring of the CIFF ACT Adolescent Programs at County level.
The Regional County Coordinator will oversee 7 Counties in Nyanza/Western region of Kenya.
He/she shall serve as the focal point for all Adolescent activities in the counties on behalf of EGPAF Kenya.
- In partnership with MOH/NASCOP, conduct entry meetings at County Government level to launch the CIFF ACT Adolescent Project and develop a Multi-sectoral county work plan.
- Develop terms of reference (TORS) for the County Multi-sectoral adolescent taskforce/Technical working group (TWG).
- Support TWG Meetings every quarter to Adolescent related initiatives in the county, service delivery indicators and progress on quality improvement initiatives.
- Support dissemination of ASRH policies in the high supported counties, and incorporation of key elements of ASRH policy in the county health work plans
- In collaboration with implementing partners, conduct refresher trainings on the Adolescent Package of Care in the supported counties
- Support annual regional forums to share successful continuous quality improvement (CQI) activities in the supported counties
- Support targeted annual supportive supervision and mentorship visits in the supported counties
- Support sensitization workshops for teachers in selected schools in the supported counties to improve retention and adherence to antiretroviral therapy (ART) for school-going adolescents
- Support the Kenya Network of Positive Teachers (KENEPOTE) and Adolescents Living with HIV (ALHIV) champions (through NEPHAK) to carry out stigma reduction activities in selected schools in the supported counties (leveraging existing education fora at the county-level)
- Support the formation of adolescent advisory boards at the county-level as envisioned in the Kenya’s Fast-track Plan to End HIV and AIDS among Adolescents and Young People
- Degree/ Diploma in Clinical Medicine or Nursing with at least 5 years’ experience in Adolescent HIV and SRH Programming. A Master’s Degree in relevant field will be an added advantage
- Understanding and experience working with Ministry of Health including the County Government will be preferred.
- Experience in Managing Donor funded programs including USG will be an added advantage
Required competencies, skills and experience
- Experience in Adolescent sexual reproductive health, HIV prevention care treatment and support among adolescents
- Demonstrated experience in organizing and facilitating meetings, recording proceedings and report writing.
- Significant and up to date knowledge of the current ART, HTS guidelines, Adolescent package of care, the Fast track plan and the ALL IN Initiative.
- Knowledge of PEPFAR Program and NASCOP reporting requirements including familiarity with the data collection and reporting tools used by NASCOP
- Experience in establishing and sustaining working relationships with the Government of Kenya Ministries of Health at County, Implementing partners, Sub-county and facility teams
- Proficiency in computer basic skills- MS Office; Internet; Basic data analysis skills
- Self- managed, self-driven, results oriented individual with excellent communication, interpersonal, report writing and analytical skills
- Dedicated team player with ability and experience to work in a multidisciplinary team
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online
The closing date is 23rd November 2016.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
EGPAF is an equal opportunity employer
Please visit our website www.pedaids.org for more information about the Foundation
|Company / Organization||
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||