USAID | CDC
U.S. President’s Malaria Initiative
Africa Indoor Residual Spraying Project (AIRS)
Vacancy: Entomology Assistant Technical Manager – Kisumu
Background: The USAID-funded PMI AIRS (Africa Indoor Residual Spraying 2) Project led by Abt Associates supports the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), as well as USAID Missions and Bureaus with malaria programs outside the PMI focus countries, in planning and implementing IRS programs with the overall goal of reducing the burden of malaria in Africa by enhancing USAID’s ability to implement IRS programs on the ground through cost-effective commodities procurement and logistics systems, access to technical expertise, and implementation of IRS in countries affected by malaria.
The PMI AIRS Project is led by Abt Associates, an international development organization composed of dedicated professionals who provide technical assistance, research, analysis, and practical training services in more than 128 countries.
The PMI AIRS Kenya Project seeks candidates for the USAID-funded PMI AIRS (Africa Indoor Residual Spraying 2) Project based in Kisumu, Kenya in the following position:-
Entomology Assistant Technical Manager
Specific duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Develop schedules and targets for the field, laboratory, insectary and data teams.
- Ensure that quality assurance measures are put in place and adhered to in all data collection.
- Provide regular supervision of field, insectary, data and laboratory teams to ensure accuracy of data.
- Monitor progress and meet milestones according to a predefined work plan.
- Conduct preliminary analysis of data and report writing as required by the Entomology Technical Manager.
Qualification requirements include the following:
- Minimum BSc in Biomedical sciences or related fields with at least 2 years experience working in a busy entomology research environment.
- Detailed knowledge of field and laboratory entomology procedures.
- Must be experienced with budgeting for laboratoty reagents to monitor consumption and timely placement of new orders
- Management and supervision experience.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal support from the Entomology Technical Manager.
- Excellent computer skills, including MS Excel, Word, Powerpoint.
- Fluent in English.
For more information on the specific duties and responsibilities and qualification requirements for the above positions, please visit our careers page on www.abtassociates.com
Interested candidates are encouraged to visit the careers page on www.abtassociates.com and apply online or send a cover letter and CV to Kenya_IRSJobs@abtassoc.com with the title of the position being applied in e-mail subject line e.g. “Entomology Assistant Technical Manager” by COB November 28th, 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Equal Opportunity Employer: As an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, Abt Associates is committed to fostering a diverse, multicultural work environment where our employees respect one another and share a commitment to our firm’s values, mission, and strategies. Abt Associates Inc. provides equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to age, race, color, sex, creed, citizenship status, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, or veteran status.