- Managing the company
- Manage our team in Kenya to drive the company’s expansion
- Understanding the nuanced operations and priorities of various agribusiness companies, MFIs and consumer finance channels
- Understanding of crops to grow and the potential link to market
- Value chain analysis
- Meeting aggressive sales and revenue targets
- Interact with agrovets and farmers and advise on good farming practices.
- Financial reports supported by our financial officer
- Development and review of annual work plan and budgets for the farm, preparing farm procurement plans; coordination and supervision of farm operations, setting farm performance target and generating quarterly farm reports.
- Has a college degree and at least 4-7 years of experience in business development, agribusiness projects and relationship management
- Can understand the nuances of various channels’ operating models and create customised sales and service models.
- Experience working in remote rural areas
- Strong data and analytical skills; advanced excel a plus
- Strong communication skills
- Have a passion for empowering small scale farmers
- Can tell a great story, communicates clearly and can capture the interest and attention of 2, 20 or 200 people naturally.
- Has a strong record of meeting revenue targets and experience growing new business lines
- Is entrepreneurial and excited about the opportunity to creatively build effective, nontraditional sales channels in a nascent product category.
- We are looking for someone that is excited about working with small scale farmers, agribusiness, managements and marketing. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.
Cover Letter and detailed CV are to be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org marking the subject as “2502”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2502 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx.
Deadline for receiving applications: 15th November 2016
N.B.* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test. If you have any issues with the process, please reach out to +254702093793.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.