Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
Vacancy Announcement No: VA-012-2016
Position Title: Junior Consultant – Food Science and Nutrition
Contract Type: Personal Service Agreement
Duty Station: Nairobi
Organizational Unit: FAO Representation Office in Kenya
Duration: 164 days when actually employed to 31 May 2017
Eligible Candidates: Kenyan Nationals
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
General Description of Tasks and Objectives to be achieved: Under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative in Kenya, technical supervision of the projects Lead Technical Officer – Nutrition Education and Consumer Awareness Group (ESNDD), Nutrition Division of FAO in Rome and direct supervision of Head of Nutrition Unit, FAO Kenya and in collaboration with the National Government through the National Project Coordinator, the Junior Consultant will perform the following tasks;
- Undertake a systematic literature research using SCOPUS or similar search engines to collect compositional data on Kenyan foods
- Analyse data sources based on set criteria to evaluate their inclusion or exclusion for further compilation
- Work with selected entity in the preparation, measuring, calculation and data entry of the Kenyan recipes activities
- Support compilation of compositional data into the INFOODS compilation tool following international standards and guidelines
- Support food composition data processing and management into the archival database during calculations estimation and imputation of data in the reference data base
- Support the project coordinator in arranging for relevant meetings and recording the minutes for the meetings
- Support the project coordinator in preparation of project reports
- University Degree in Food Science and Technology, Food and Nutrition, Nutrition and Dietetics or related field.
- At least one year experience in food composition related activities which includes completion of e-learning course on INFOODS Food composition tables; food sampling training and activities in the counties, data collection and compilation
- Working knowledge of English
- Competency in the use of Computer Applications
How to Apply:
Candidates are requested to submit their application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the position title and vacancy announcement number.
A duly completed Personal Profile Form (PPF) generated from FAO’s iRecruitment portal as a PDF-file is to be submitted by email together with a cover letter.
Please note that attached resumes or CV’s in place of the PPF will not be accepted.
In order to prepare a Personal Profile Form, you must first register on the FAO iRecruitment site by clicking on the following link to register: http://www.fao.org/employment/irecruitment-access/en/
In order for your application to be properly evaluated, please ensure that all sections of the on-line profile are completed.
Deadline for Application: 13 November 2016
Applications received after the closing date will not be given consideration.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
This vacancy is open to both male and female candidates.
Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.