A nonprofit organization focusing on helping populations in Nairobi through education, community outreach and economic empowerment programmes in order to facilitate sustainable change is seeking to urgently fill the above position.
Job Title: Field Coordinator (Community Social Worker)
Reports to: Senior Administrative Manager
Key duties and responsibilities
- Using the criteria of recruitment for Orphaned and Vulnerable Children (OVCs) developed by the office, participate in identification of needy children from Mukuru Community in collaboration with representatives from the community and other collaborators
- Compile case histories and profiles of OVCs
- In collaboration with management and other recommended committees, participate in selection of OVCs for the school sponsorship program
- Carry out home visits to collect data on OVCs from Mukuru community
- In collaboration with management, search and identify schools for new children
- Enroll new children into approved primary and secondary schools
- Distribute school supplies to sponsored children when they are reporting back to school, ensuring all children sign on the distribution list
- Working with guardians, to ensure children are safely escorted to and from schools
- Maintain accurate and up to date Children Enrolment Registers for all the OVCs in the program
- Liaise with school administrators/head teachers/guardians on all matters affecting the sponsored children including attending meetings, visiting children where the child has no parent/guardian
- Deliver payments to various learning institutions and obtain official receipts for all such payments
- Organize for child sponsors visits and accompany the child during the meeting
- Organize term lunches for students during school holidays
- Procurement and delivery of supplies for Harambee Centre and for other programs in the areas of operation.
- In collaboration with the management, assist in students sponsor term letters exercise and termly back to school budgets
- Monitor changes on the ground: identify new trends and effectively communicate the trends to the Senior Administrative Manager and provide relevant statistics
- Monitor activities on the ground of partners supported in cash or kind by the organization
- Represent the organization in meetings, seminars & functions of the collaborators and community held in Mukuru as directed by the supervisor
- Submit to the supervisor weekly written reports narrating all activities and making recommendations
- Ensure Harambee Centre is well maintained all the time
- Carry out any other duty as assigned from time to time by those in authority.
Must be proficient in the following areas:
- Knowledge of Social work policies, procedures, methods, ethics and professional standards
- Familiar with social work standards, information gathering systems and methods; Ability to proficiently manage and operate community programme; Effective verbal, written, presentation and listening communications skills.
- The Person must maintain strict confidentiality in performing the duties of the Community Social worker with high level of integrity and honesty and be able to work under minimum supervision.
- Mature with excellent interpersonal and supervisory skills
- Degree in Social Work and or its equivalent from a recognized institution with at least six (6) years post qualification work experience in community service and preferably in an informal sector.
Send your application to email@example.com by 21 November 2016.
Please note that, due to the urgency to fill the position, short-listing and interviews may be conducted as applications are received.