Generation is a global youth employment programme that helps provide young adults the opportunity to launch successful careers and change their life trajectories.
- Being primary point of contact between Generation Kenya team and alumni.
- Monitoring alumni well-being and managing any difficult situations that they face.
- Contributing to the organisation of graduation ceremonies for alumni.
- Managing the contract with our tracking partners (who provide software & monitoring services).
- Maintain and update our alumni database, tracking and updating alumni contact details, employment status, social and financial well-being, and progress at work.
- Monitoring alumni well-being overall and assessing what metrics we track.
- Suggesting improvements to our tracking systems.
- Running the alumni committee, scheduling meetings and seeking & channeling their input into the overall program strategy.
- Organising overall mentorship strategies for alumni, especially in peer-to-peer mentoring.
- Co-developing content for coaching sessions and technical skills, with our curriculum team.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 2 – 3 years of experience coordinating alumni programmes.
- Data analysis experience in Microsoft Excel − Able to use pivot tables − Able to use formula like vlookup or sum.
- “Do-er” mindset, with a passion for achieving results.
- Excited to put the alumni strategy into practice, not just writing the plan but carrying it out.
- Results-oriented rather than process focused, thinking of a solution whenever you see a problem.
- Well-developed sense of attention to detail.
- Interest in working in a fast growing organization and being an integral part of aggressive scale.
- A positive, solutions-oriented attitude, drive for excellence, and ability to be a team player.
- Excited about a flexible role, actively seeking new responsibilities and adaptable enough to enjoy a start-up environment.
Cover Letter and detailed CV are to be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org marking the subject as “2526”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2526 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: 25th November 2016
N.B.* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test. If you have any issues with the process, please reach out to +254702093793.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.