A medium sized Guest House located in the outskirts of Nairobi is looking to recruit a General Manager.
The Guest House has accommodation, conference facilitates as well as a full service restaurant.
Position Summary: This position is a day-to-day hands-on position responsible for management of all aspects of the guest house departments.
Responsible for ensuring all systems are operating in an efficient and effective manner.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensuring a consistently positive and memorable guest experience
- Implementing payroll and inventory cost control policies and procedures
- Managing Vendor Relationships
- Oversee staff management; hiring, training and motivation of all employees.
- Responsible for Business Development; executing all sales and management activities for the guest house
- Maintaining high quality standards through consistent monitoring and evaluation
- Preparation of weekly and monthly management reports
- Diploma in Hospitality Management.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant operational experience, in a fast passed hospitality facility.
- Demonstrated experience in leading, supporting and motivating staff and teams
- Effective analytical, interpretation, summarizing and data presentation skills
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Proficiency in computer and standard software systems, such as word processing, spreadsheets, accounting, databases, and emails
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written) and analytical skills.
All applicants must meet the minimum qualifications.
Please forward detailed CVs listing, copies of certificates and at least 3 professional references.
Testimonials may also be submitted for review.
Failure to provide all the information requested may disqualify an applicant from further review.
Application deadline is 21st November 2016.
Interviews will be conducted between 29th and 30th November 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.