Position: Head of Learning and Development
Our client, one of the largest insurers and financial service providers in East Africa is seeking to recruit a Head of Learning and Development.
The role will support the Company’s talent and development’s strategy to enhance employee capability and drive performance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement the company’s training strategy based on the corporate strategy and changing business needs.
- Identify and document training needs across the company through job analysis, review of corporate strategies and appraisal schemes as well as discussions with business managers and employees.
- Identify and co-ordinate design of training programs to meet developmental needs of employees as well as the current and future needs of the company.
- Work with line management and departmental heads to develop and maintain a comprehensive skills and competency framework.
- Develop training budgets and ensure expenditure on all training interventions and programmes are within the approved budget.
- Design, develop and implement evaluation systems to track ROI for all training interventions.
- Manage the company’s e-learning programme to ensure that uptake of e-learning across the company is maintained at high levels.
- Manage and ensure optimization of the company’s in-house library, training room and other staff training facilities.
- Ensure that the statutory training requirements are met as well as liaise with National Industrial Training Authority (NITA) for training refunds.
- Develop and organize training manuals, multimedia visual aids, and other educational materials.
- Develop and establish a coaching and mentoring culture in the company.
- Advise employees on available programs that will cater for their career development and skill gaps.
- Coordinate the company’s professional training programme and ensure increasing numbers of staff attain professional certification in CII, IIK, CPA, ACCA etc.
- Monitor and review the progress of on-the-job-training for management trainees through quarterly evaluation and feedback discussions with managers and the trainees.
- Identify and evaluate training service providers by surveying, investigating, requesting proposals and interviewing potential trainers.
- Identify, develop and maintain a pool of competent internal resources that can manage and deliver training events and facilitate specific training interventions.
- Publish and distribute an annual training calendar with courses that cater for specific knowledge or skills gaps.
- Develop and coordinate the staff orientation program to align and settle new employees into the company.
- Maintain up-to-date training records for all staff and prepare quarterly and annual management reports.
- Drive the company internship programme to ensure that interns settle in smoothly and operate within the set standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in the social sciences from a recognized university.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Ability to assess, evaluate, design and implement training solutions based on analysis and metrics.
- Exceptional public speaking, persuasiveness, counseling and mentoring skills.
- Strategic thinking, business and results oriented, self-directed.
- The ability to research, analyze information, and formulate recommendations.
- Innovative and proactive problem-solving skills with strong business acumen.
- Unwavering commitment to service and quality.
How to Apply
To apply, send your CV and cover letter only to firstname.lastname@example.org before close of business 10th November, 2016.
Clearly indicate the position applied for on the subject line and expected remuneration.
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement.