Our client in the trading and manufacturing industry, an equal opportunity employer is in the process of increasing its service delivery effectiveness to its employees.
This has necessitated the need to urgently hire a Human Resource & Administration Officer whose details are described below.
Reporting: Finance & Administration Manager
Liaison: All departments
Job Summary: the human & Admin Officer shall work closely with the administration manager to implement human resource strategies and policies that create a good working environment for all.
Human Resource Duties
- Develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall corporate strategy
- Responsible for recommendation and updating of human resource policies and procedures in line with employment laws and corporate policy standards
- Facilitate recruitment, placement and orientation of employees
- Analyze training needs for staff and implement a training programs.
- Develop and implement a performance management system to increase productivity
- Provide current and prospective employees with information about policies, employment contracts, job duties, working conditions, wages, and opportunities for promotion and employee benefits
- Responsible for implementing the company codes of conduct and taking appropriate disciplinary measures
- Responsible for the employee welfare through complaints handling, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts, so as to maintain good employee relations.
- Perform day-to-day personnel administrative tasks such as clocking, leave management, personnel file records, job descriptions, separation processes etc.
- Responsible for implementing all labour laws in the company
- Measure employee satisfaction and identify areas that require improvement
- Ensure compliance of the company with the laws as well as all relevant licensing are up to date
- Supervise the administrative staff to ensure all administrative duties are carried out
- Make travel arrangements for the directors and office personnel
- Complete work schedules, manage calendars and arrange appointments
- Organize weekly internal staff meetings and take minutes
- Responsible for office maintenance and of ensuring office equipments such as, telephones, printers etc are all running well.
- Supervise compilation, copying, sorting, and file records of office activities, business transactions, other activities
- Open, sort and route incoming mail, answer correspondence, and prepare outgoing mail
- Type, format, proofread and edit correspondence and other documents
- Compliance of company with the labour laws and updated licenses
- Good working environment that is clean, safe and healthy
- All systems and equipment in the office are in good working condition
- Accurate correspondences with clients, management and fellow employees
- Ease of accessibility to all office documents physically and electronically
- Employee issues are addressed amicably
- Office supplies available at all times
- Well updated leave forms
- Filing of all employee documents in his/her personal file
- Timely communication and correspondences
- Well handled separation processes according to law
- Implementation of all HR policies and company policies
- Timely periodical performance appraisal
Competencies and abilities
- Posses at least a Degree/Higher diploma in Human Resource
- At least 3 years experience in a busy organization
- Computer literacy and hands on experience is a MUST
- Experience in a manufacturing/trading company is an added advantage
- Has good interpersonal skills
- Can relate well with people of all levels
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit their cover letter and detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, clearly stating the job you are applying for in the Email subject.
Closing date for application is 20th Nov.2016
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted