Research Training and Evaluation Officer
Our Client, an International NGO whose core business is Reproductive Health and Family Planning to millions of the world’s poorest and vulnerable women, is seeking to recruit a Research Training and Evaluation Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities
Ensure systems and mechanisms for excellent data collection are embedded across all channels
- Develop workable data sets that will enable regular collection, storage and interpretation of data needed by the teams from the field and other parts of the operations including the call center
- Support the introduction testing and training of program staff on the use and maintenance and development of these datasets including a strong participatory element with gender balance
- Develop and encourage innovation in data collection including feedback mechanisms amongst program operations team to address internal and external stakeholder information needs.
- Pursue options for streamlining and efficiencies through different technologies as appropriate
- Conduct regular data quality assessments across all service channels and provide feedback to teams
Ensure Research, Monitoring and evaluation meets excellent standards and organization information needs at macro and micro level
- Provide both technical and operational support to research projects conducted by the organization and also in partnership with other organizations.
- Provide support in the research design and reviews within the organization.
- Provide support to the project implementation studies including baseline surveys, Midterm Evaluations and Terminal evaluations.
- Capacity building for project staff in the development and implementation of M&E plans including project log frames and performance monitoring plans.
- Provide technical input in the collection and analysis of project data and in the compilation and submission of donor reports.
- Provide technical support in performance reviews and in provision of feedback to project teams as well as in supporting the project teams to develop rapid response mechanisms, setting new targets to achieve project results/ objectives.
Ensure that relevant and timely research is conducted that furthers the strategic effectiveness of organization’s operations
- Provide technical and operations support to research projects conducted by the organization and also in partnership with other organizations using open data kit( ODK)
- Provide support in the research design and reviews within the organization
- Provide technical support to the project teams in the collection, documentation and dissemination of case studies, success stories and best practices across the entire program and provide staff mentorship and coaching for skills enhancement and coordinates cross learning activities to facilitate scale up/ replication of the best practices.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, statistics, Demography, information science, health systems or any other related discipline
- Additional qualification in research, monitoring & evaluation and data analysis and presentation using SPSS, advanced Excel and power point is highly desirable
- Previous experience in a sexual and reproductive health program will be an added advantage.
- Clear and excellent understanding of the different donor policy requirements having worked in several donor funded programs
To apply, send your CV and cover letter only to firstname.lastname@example.org before close of business 5th November, 2016.
Clearly indicate the position applied for on the subject line and expected remuneration.
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement.