Job title: Technical Manager – Uganda
Job Summary: The position of Technical Manger will oversee all technical aspects of the program, ensuring coordination across technical approaches and alignment with national objectives and strategies.
S/he will provide technical leadership for HIV, TB and malaria case management, prevention and advocacy, communication and social mobilization (ACSM) activities.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- With key program staff and stakeholders, ensure the Global Fund Program’s strategic objectives for TB, HIV and malaria are fully accomplished and meet expected technical quality standards.
- Ensure that plans for the program interventions are adhered to and are in line with national objectives and strategies.
- With the Program Director, oversee periodic technical reviews and manage changes in program direction and focus.
- In collaboration with program and SR staff, provide guidance and technical oversight to partners and other collaborating agencies to ensure that lessons of sound practice are documented and disseminated.
- Provide vision and leadership in design of strategies to engage key populations organizations of women, children and migrant populations in program activities.
- Support design and implementation of effective communication and mobilization strategies to increase uptake of services.
- Ensure the delivery of quality training and technical assistance to all SRs.
- In collaboration with the M&E Director, track progress towards relevant performance indicators, analyzing reasons for shortfalls and adapting program strategies as needed.
- With ICT4D technical advisors, identify and implement technology solutions to improve program efficiencies.
Management and Administration:
- Manage program, including tracking of financial and material resources.
- Support elaboration of Program Update/Disbursement Requests (PU/DR) in collaboration with other program staff.
- Review SR reports, provide feedback on implementation progress and performance, and identify solutions to address challenges and weaknesses.
- Ensure staff compliance with all our clients and Global Fund administrative and operational procedures and policies, as well as applicable donor regulations.
- Liaise with technical counterparts in the Ministry of Health, other Principal Recipients, and other local and international stakeholders engaged in HIV, TB and malaria activities in Uganda.
- Represent our client’s at all relevant technical working groups, sectoral meetings and coordination forums.
Human Resource Management:
- Lead, manage and supervise a staff team to meet program objectives.
- Conduct periodic reviews of staff performance in keeping with our client’s performance management system and mentor staff to ensure high levels of motivation, commitment, capacity, and teamwork.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Master’s or Doctoral Degree in Public Health, Medicine, or related field
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in malaria programming and provision of technical assistance to government and non-government partners
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in senior management position; strong preference for experience in the management of large-scale health programs in an African country
- Experience in management of multiple sub-recipients in complex, high risk environments
- Knowledge of Global Fund regulations required
- Proven leadership and inter-personal skills and ability to build and motivate diverse and talented teams
- Public relations skills and ability to work well both within a team and independently
- Strong representational skills and ability to interface with multiple stakeholders, representatives, and partners (including representatives of government agencies) in a professional manner on an ongoing basis
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively under pressure and to prioritize competing demands
- Strategic, analytical and decision-making skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Professional proficiency in English oral and written communication skills; strong demonstrated writing skills required (reports, evaluations)
- Willingness and ability to travel in-country (sometimes on short notice) up to 50% and out of the country up to 10%
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their applications including detailed CVS to Recruitment Manager on email email@example.com before 29th November 2016.