Jhpiego is currently recruiting for experienced individuals with excellent leadership and technical skills, who is a team players, dedicated, hardworking, innovative, highly motivated and able to work on a high pressure environment requiring multi-tasking abilities.
Senior Program Delivery Advisor
Jhpiego, an affiliate of Johns Hopkins University is implementing The Challenge Initiative (TCI), a project funded by Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF) through The Bill & Melinda Gates Institute for Population and Reproductive Health (GI), Department of Population, Family & Reproductive Health at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health.
This is a multifaceted 5 year program focused on the rapid expansion of urban family planning programs worldwide but with a focus on the largest cities in Asia and Africa.
TCI is an ambitious program that leverages a matching challenge fund mechanism to provide incentives for the rapid scale up of urban family planning programs through a framework of accountability measures, demand driven participation of cities, and technical support via at least four regional accelerator hubs.
Jhpiego is responsible for the East Africa Accelerator Hub covering Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania.
Reporting to the Deputy Project Director, the Senior Program Delivery Advisor will be responsible for providing technical and programmatic support to ensure sustainable adoption of family Planning (FP) innovations, and scale-up in the selected geographies (counties, districts or cities) in East Africa.
- Develop the criteria for identifying potential project counties/districts in East Africa to implement TCI Program.
- Support the project team in advocacy and marketing activities for a demand-driven approach for expansion of urban FP innovations in both the government and private sectors.
- Perform FP landscape analyses in the selected geographies to identify the county needs and priority, identify the potential gaps in the family planning programs both programmatic and financial.
- Provide technical and programmatic assistance to geographies in Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania to develop viable RH/FP proposals that address the specific needs and priorities of the counties focusing on sustainable approaches which can be funded with TCI’s program delivery funds.
- Support the counties to engage with governments, donors, implementing partners, foundations
and other non-governmental organization on innovative ideas for family planning resource
mobilization and leveraging on existing FP or related investments.
- Jointly with national/county/district health management teams, develop technical assistance plans
aimed at operationalizing successful county/district RH/FP proposals.
- Provide technical and programmatic guidance aimed at successful and sustainable adoption of
family planning innovations across counties and districts in multiple countries in East Africa.
- Provide mentorship and coaching to County/District Health Management teams on family
Planning innovations and best practices, scale up and institutionalization.
- Support monitoring of FP project activities at county/district levels including financial tracking of
resource commitments by TCI, Counties/districts and other donors.
- Support the global team in the development and refinement of capacity building materials for
public and private sector partners on the demand driven model, on adoption of FP innovations/
best practices, on sustainable scale up as well as on the use of communities of practice and other
capacity building technologies.
- Assist in the preparation of donor and project reports.
- The position requires a Master’s degree in Public Health, Demography or related field.
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant experience in providing FP service delivery in a complex donor
- Demonstrated experience in working with international donors and foundations – success in grants
management is a plus.
- Experience building capacity at individual and organizational levels: including working with
Ministries of Health and devolved County government’s staff and system, particularly in area of
family planning – experience working in the East Africa region is a plus.
- Ability to travel as required to support the progress of program activities.
- Excellent verbal, written communications and presentation skills.
- Applicant should have excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Excellent analytical, communication and report writing skills.
- Computer literacy, particularly in the use of MS Office.
Program Officer – VMMC
The Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC) Program Officer will offer programmatic and technical support to ensure the strategic, programmatic, and technical integrity of a PEPFAR funded project focusing on providing extensive technical assistance to PEPFAR Kenya and the Government of Kenya on several aspects of VMMC service safety and quality.
- Lead in management of and reporting on Jhpiego activities, making key decisions and solving problems for operational and program quality and integrity.
- Support the planning and implementation of VMMC quality improvement activities, compliance to standard guidelines and institutionalization of QA/Qlin routine healthcare practice
- Support the development of training manuals, guidance documents, participants’ manuals and coordination of training.
- Participate in the VMMC County and inter county meetings, meetings of TWG subcommittees and other relevant forums and follow up on specific action points
- Preparation of periodical program reports.
- Liaise with others to provide budgeting and logistical support to the program.
- Provide technical assistance to VMMC implementing partners on the evaluation of sustainable models of VMMC.
- Degree /Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Public Health or related field. Post graduate training is an
- Minimum of 3 years relevant working experience.
- Experience in HIV and VMMC programmes in Kenya.
- Experience with quality assurance/quality improvement in a health setting.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong programming, management and technical skills
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Word. Excel and PowerPoint.
Interested applicants should send application & CV with 3 referees to the following email address:
HR.Kenya@jhpiego.org by 25th November 2016.
Indicate how your education and experience qualifies you for the position
Only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Jhpiego is an equal Opportunity employer.
Persons with disability are encouraged to apply