The Jomo Kenyatta Foundation (JKF) was established by the Government of Kenya in 1966 as a Company Limited by guarantee and having no share capital.
We are a leading educational publisher and scholarship provider in Kenya.
In pursuit of our vision of realizing an enlightened and empowered society and our mission of developing customer focused publications and scholarship provision, the Foundation is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the following vacant position:
Job Title: Senior Human Resource Officer
Job Ref: JKF/SHRO/2016/001
Job Group: 9
Reports to: GM-HR & Administration
Supervises: HR staff through the Human Resource Officer 1
- Administering the Terms & Conditions of Service.
- Coordinating recruitment, selection, placement and induction of the new staff.
- Coordinating Training and Development activities.
- Implement and continuously updating the Human Resource Information System for the company.
- Administers compensation and rewards system.
- Administering the payroll system by processing the payroll data and forwarding it to Finance Department.
- Administering the medical scheme and related issues, by ensuring staff have medical cards, handling staff medical queries and continually updating them on their limits and balances.
- Administering leave and updating the system to reflect the current situation.
- Provision of counselling services to staff.
- Handling staff welfare concerns.
- Administering the Records Management Unit (registry) and its related services, where all staff and other files are stored.
- To perform any other relevant duty assigned by the GM-Human Resource & Administration.
To be appointed to this position, one must have
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences or a relevant field.
- Higher Diploma in Human Resource Management.
- Certificate in computer proficiency.
- Strategic Leadership training from a reputable institution will be an added advantage.
- Excellent Communication, negotiation, inter-personal relationship, team building, leadership and organizational skills.
- At least 3 years’ experience as HR officer 1.
The positions is permanent and pensionable and a competitive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate.
Please note that the application forms should not be accompanied by testimonials.
The closing date for receipt of the forms is 23rd November, 2016.
Persons living with HIV/AIDs, disabilities and women are encouraged to apply.
The Jomo Kenyatta Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.
We are ISO 9001:2008 certified