Job Title: Junior Engineer
Position reports directly to the Senior Engineer and has a functional reporting line to the Customer Implementation Manager.
The Engineer does not have any direct or indirect reports. Internal contact is with the Customer Service Centre and within the local office. External contact is with suppliers & customers.
To provide technical, (preventative) maintenance, repairs, installation and customer service support in order adhere to agreed SLAs with clients and to maximize client satisfaction.
a) Maintenance: Execute maintenance and repairs of buildings and equipment in order to minimize ‘downtime’
- Day-to-day surveillance of building and equipment
- Support maintenance and repairs on buildings and equipment (e.g. generators / cooling) as scheduled by the Facility (team) manager
- Document all maintenance and repairs made on buildings and equipment in a timely fashion
- Co-monitor and co-direct repairs and maintenance executed by external employees and document the results
- Monitor equipment and installations to ensure adherence to safety standards
- Co-provide input on power usage and for capacity planning
- Act as a first point of contact for ESC for technical requests
- Acts as first line of response on alarms and handle or escalate alarms according to guidelines
Participate in the full continuous (24×7) call-out team
b) Customer Implementation: Execute physical customer implementation process.
- Under the co-ordination of the Customer Implementation Manager, co-install or co-supervise installation of customer equipment in the data center and keep a complete record of the process and results
c) Provide service delivery of Value Added Services (VAS): Co-perform actual customer services as indicated in the client contract
d) Help Desk: Use the Help Desk / CRM systems to track and communicate with customers
- Take, open and close tickets in the help desk according to procedures
- Actively work to close tickets in a timely and professional manner
e) Carry out any other tasks as directed by Management from time to time
Experience, Knowledge and Expertise:
- Secondary education a technical field
- Qualified electrician certificate is a distinct advantage
- Minimum of 0 – 2 years’ experience as a technician in an electrical or industrial environment (e.g. full continuous factory)
- Knowledge of data centers is a distinct advantage
- Fluent in English
- Accurate and eye for detail
- Good communication skills
- Good administrative skills
- Good decision-making skills
- Flexible working manner
If you meet the minimum qualifications, send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org