Kenya Broadcasting Corporation (KBC) whose aim is to inform, educate and entertain the public through Radio and Television services wishes to fill the following vacant position with a result-oriented, dynamic and self-driven person:-
Manager, Technical Services
SS BE 1
The Role: Reporting to the Managing Director, the Technical Services Manager will be responsible for
- facilitating high quality maintenance of radio and television broadcasts, broadcast equipment/systems and related facilities owned or operated by KBC;
- supporting the daily production and operations of the KBC radio and television network, including audio and video production, staff support and training, on-air studio operations and automation systems; and also
- overseeing the strategic direction of broadcast technologies and system, their acquisition, deployment, use and post-implementation.
Specific Terms: Permanent and Pensionable terms of service.
- Management of KBC broadcast and technical services resources; planning for their acquisition, implementation and optimal utilization /operation
- Overseeing the strategic development and improvement of broadcasting systems, their maintenance and decommissioning
- Planning and scheduling of all activities in Technical Services Department and ensuring they are completed within specified deadlines and budgets
- Preparation and approval of technical services specifications to be used in the procurement of the required Engineering facilities
- Ensuring efficient, effective and timely implementation of Engineering projects in the Department
- Development, implementation and review technical services policies, procedures, standards and master plans
- Conducting staff performance appraisals and coordinating continuous improvement initiatives in the Department
- Responsible for the overall discipline and performance of the staff in the Department
- Preparing budgets for Technical Services department
- Monitoring and optimizing the performance of engineering technical facilities.
Educational and Professional Requirements
- Bachelor of Science degree in Telecommunication / Electronics Engineering, Broadcast Engineering or its equivalent from a recognized institution
- Master’s degree in the relevant field will be an added advantage
- Must be a registered member of Engineering Registration Board of Kenya or any other recognized Engineering Body.
- At least ten (10) years practical experience in a broadcasting environment and conversant with media legislation, digital broadcast, multimedia /web services, convergence of technologies and technological trends in the broadcasting industry
- Must have worked in a senior management position for at least three (3) years and overseeing the operations of key systems in a similar organization in size to KBC
- Have demonstrated a high standard of professional competence and administrative ability required for direction and coordination of planning, development and maintenance of engineering technical facilities
- Must be computer literate.
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria must submit a detailed updated CV; copies of relevant certificates/testimonials; application/cover letter demonstrating how they qualify for the relevant position and names/contact information for three (3) referees.
Applications addressed to the undersigned must be received on or before 25th November, 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Those who had applied earlier for these positions need not re-apply.
Kenya Broadcasting Corporation
P.O. Box 30456-00100
‘’KBC is an equal opportunity employer. Women, Persons with Disabilities and the Marginalized are encouraged to apply’’.