KCB Group Limited
Project Budget Analyst
The Position: Reporting to the Finance Manager, the jobholder is to support m-Kulima Program at country and regional levels in managing the overall program finances and budgets, by monitoring spend by country / program level, highlighting areas that need attention, ensuring budget spend by fund (donor’s and KCB) is accurate and producing timely and accurate financial reports.
- Costs application development. Provide leadership for budget preparation, formulation, presentation, and execution as per proposal while entailing direct funding as well as in-kind funding.
- Grant award management. Financial oversight of the successful implementation of the grants / awards ensuring donor compliance, contractual obligations and accurate and quality financial reporting.
- Financial reporting. Work with Program Accountant to ensure that each country program invoicing is in line with initial donor funding and reporting expectations. Also support donor financial verification processes, ensuring eligibility of all costs.
- Consolidating the quarterly, mid-term and annual country and program budgets in the template provided by the donor. Ad-hoc requests for overview of the financial status of countries and program as a whole, showing burn-rates, variances etc. hence advising Program Managers on anomalies and remedial action to be taken.
- Work with program managers and head of program, to evaluate the performance of the program and adjust / re-align funding as and when required, and communicate the changes to the donor.
- Internal Audit Support. Work in collaboration with the Finance and Administration Manager to monitor and review accounting and related system reports for accuracy and completeness and report to the Program Managers accordingly providing an overview of the financial status of all program operations.
For the above position, the successful applicant should have the following:
- University Degree in a business related field from a recognized university. A Masters in any relevant field will be an added advantage.
- Fully qualified Accountant (CPA, ACCA, ACA or equivalent).
- At least 4 years’ experience in Financial Management and Reporting.
- At least 3 years’ experience in managing MasterCard Foundation program budget.
- Sound knowledge of the financial industry, accounting principles and regulatory guidelines.
- Excellent planning, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Knowledge and hands on experience in office automation tools.
The above position has a demanding role which the Bank will provide a competitive package for the successful candidate.
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your current position, remuneration level, e-mail address and telephone contacts quoting the job title/reference in the subject field to email@example.com.
To be considered your application must be received by 2nd December, 2016