The Kenya Institute of Management is the hub of management and leadership excellence providing the highest quality professional and institutional development programs for greater growth and expanded opportunities.
Our mission is to steer and champion excellence, integrity and competitiveness in individuals and organizations throughout Africa and beyond.
We achieve this through our service / product portfolio including:
- Membership Development Programs,
- Professional Diploma in Management and Certifications,
- Executive Short Courses,
- Management Consultancy,
- Research Solutions,
- Entrepreneurship and Business Skills Training,
- Business Advisory Services ,
- Business Excellence and Recognition Awards (OPI/COYA/SMOYA) and
- Management Magazine.
The Institute hereby seeks to recruit results-oriented and self-driven experienced professional to join our team for the following position:
Purpose of the Job: Reporting to the Manager; Test Development, the position holder will be responsible for all exam typing related duties for the Institute.
The holder of the position will provide technical support required during the exam preparation period.
Principal Accountabilities / Key Result Areas
- Operate computer to type and edit documents.
- Compile examination material for typing.
- Revise and edit examinations.
- Typesetting and copy typing test items.
- Read instructions accompanying material, or follows verbal instructions to
- Logging in received test papers
- Operate the examination printing machine to reproduce copies of the examination.
- Test item documentation during moderation / proofreading process, editing moderated / proofread test items.
Academic and Professional Qualifications Required
- Diploma in secretarial (full secretarial).
- KCSE mean grade C with at least grade C in English.
Skills and Experience Required
- Typing speed of 60-80 words per minute.
- 1-2 years prior experience in typing/editing.
- Ability to work under extreme pressure with little or no supervision.
- Excellent verbal, written and critical thinking skills are required.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent planning and organization skills.
- Go getter and results oriented.
- Ability to prioritize matters.
- A high level of integrity and confidentiality.
- Have well developed interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge and high proficiency in use of ICT.
How to Apply
If you meet the above requirements and qualifications and are interested in an opportunity to work in a dynamic environment that embraces mutual respect and support then we would like to hear from you.
Kindly forward your application accompanied by a detailed resume, email address, day time telephone contact, name and address of three referees.
The applications should reach the undersigned not later than 14th November 2016
The Head of Human Capital
The Kenya Institute of Management
P.O. Box 43706-00100
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
KIM is an equal opportunity employer.