Kenya Utalii College
Job Title: Chief Supplies Officer
Established in 1969, Kenya Utalii College (KUC) is Africa’s premier hospitality and tourism training institution. With over 60,000 graduates to date, the College remains the region’s single largest producer of skilled personnel for the hospitality and tourism industry: a large number of whom hold top-ranking positions in renowned organizations all over the world.
The College is a state corporation established by the Tourism Act, 2011. In its quest to continuously match the dynamic global demand, the Council of Kenya Utalii College has embarked on a transformative agenda for this notable institution.
Accordingly, the Council is looking for an experienced and vibrant professional to fill the following position:
Chief Supplies Officer
The Chief Supplies Officer will report to the Deputy Principal and will be responsible for effective and efficient management of procurement services for the College, Utalii Hotel and College projects.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Planning, implementing and reviewing the College’s annual Procurement Plan
- Working with College Management and Departmental Heads in developing and reviewing Divisional and Departmental Plans;
- Ensuring user departments adhere to Procurement Plans;
- Initialling and facilitating processes to ensure timely delivery of quality goods, works and services;
- Ensuring that the college’s procurement plans are in line with the financial budgets;
- Ensuring that all College’s procurement and disposal are conducted in accordance with the relevant procurement legislation, regulations and procedures;
- Preparing professional opinion for the Principal on the procurement or asset disposal proceedings;
- Managing the relationship between the suppliers and the College;
- Supervision and appraisal of staff in the procurement department.
Skills and Attributes
- Bachelor degree in Commerce or Economics or Supplies and Procurement or its equivalent with at least seven (7) years working experience, three (3) of which must be at senior level in a busy procurement department in a reputable organization (a Masters degree in the relevant area will have an added advantage);
- A Diploma in Purchasing and Supplies Management or its equivalent;
- Member of relevant professional body with good standing;
- Experience in hospitality industry will be an added advantage;
- Sound knowledge of Public procurement legislation, regulations and procedures
- Demonstrated personal integrity;
- Management skills: Problem-solving, Analytical, Attention to essential detail, Planning and Organising skills;
- Excellent presentation, oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to make critical and timely decisions in a highly sensitive environment
- Exemplary knowledge of the application of the Public Procurement Act;
- Willingness and ability to work long hours.
Chapter Six Requirements
Candidates will be required to satisfy the requirement of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 on Leadership and Integrity and are, therefore, required to submit clearance certificates from the following institutions together with their application:
- Kenya Revenue Authority (Tax Compliance Certificate)
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Ethics & Anti-Corruption Commission
- Directorate of Criminal Investigations (Certificate of Good Conduct)
- A Report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
How to Apply
Interested Candidates may apply in writing or via e-mail.
Applications must include a cover letter and detailed CV stating relevant experience and qualifications, current position, remuneration, contact details and references.
Applications must be received on or before 16th November, 2016: late submissions will be rejected.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Chairman, Council,
Kenya Utalii College,
Off Thika Road,
P. O. Box 31052-00600,
E-mail applications should be sent to: email@example.com
Only those shortlisted will be contacted.