Kenya Utalii College
Job Title: Laboratory Technologist
Established in 1969, Kenya Utalii College (KUC) is Africa’s premier hospitality and tourism training institution. With over 60,000 graduates to date, the College remains the region’s single largest producer of skilled personnel for the hospitality and tourism industry: a large number of whom hold top-ranking positions in renowned organizations all over the world.
The College is a state corporation established by the Tourism Act, 2011. In its quest to continuously match the dynamic global demand, the Council of Kenya Utalii College has embarked on a transformative agenda for this notable institution.
Accordingly, the Council is looking for an experienced and vibrant professional to fill the following position:
Reporting to the Clinical Officer, the Laboratory Technologist will assist in maintain the Health and wellbeing of Staff and Students
Roles and Responsibilities
- Discharge of Laboratory investigative services to patients /Client by applying the laid down standard operation.
- Planning and budgeting for laboratory commodities.
- Ordering, receiving and storing laboratory requests and chemicals and maintaining the stocks of the same to inventory
- Compiling and submitting laboratory reports.
- Any other responsibility that may be assigned by the supervisor.
Skills and Attributes
- Must be in possession of a Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology from a recognized Institution.
- Must hold a practicing license with KMLTTB.
- Higher Diploma in Laboratory Sciences (Haemotology) will have an added advantage
- Work experience for over five (5) years in a busy hospital and over five (5) years as the in-charge
- Good communication skills
- Team player, honest and reliable
- Able to maintain confidentiality
Chapter Six Requirements
Candidates will be required to satisfy the requirement of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 on Leadership and Integrity and are, therefore, required to submit clearance certificates from the following institutions together with their application:
- Kenya Revenue Authority (Tax Compliance Certificate)
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Ethics & Anti-Corruption Commission
- Directorate of Criminal Investigations (Certificate of Good Conduct)
- A Report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
How to Apply
Interested Candidates may apply in writing or via e-mail.
Applications must include a cover letter and detailed CV stating relevant experience and qualifications, current position, remuneration, contact details and references.
Applications must be received on or before 16th November, 2016: late submissions will be rejected.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Chairman, Council,
Kenya Utalii College,
Off Thika Road,
P. O. Box 31052-00600,
E-mail applications should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those shortlisted will be contacted.