Job Brief: We are looking for a specialized Legal Secretary / Receptionist to undertake a variety of administrative and clerical tasks.
- Provide administrative support to various lawyers
- Effectively communicate with witnesses, clients, colleagues and partners
- Greet visitors and perform initial screening of clients and preliminary enquiry to clients and visitors to the office
- advise clients on general enquiries on their matters including hearing dates, outcome of precious court attendance, position of their cases among others
- coordinate dispatch of correspondence with office messengers and court clerks
- retrieve files the various cabinets and understand the filling system and match with incoming correspondence
- Preserve an updated diaries for the master office diary
- Attend to file bring-ups and forward the files to the relevant lawyers
- Drafting of correspondence and basic legal documents including agreements, affidavits, defences
- Administer refreshments to clients at the reception waiting to be attended
- Ensure the reception area is at all times tidy and orderly
- Manage the reception area by ensuring clients are attended to promptly with maximum of five minutes waiting time
- Make follow-up calls with clients, suppliers, witnesses, support institutions
- Attend to emails from clients and make relevant follow ups
- Answer phone calls, take notes/messages and redirect calls when appropriate
- Maintain and update inventories of contact details
- Facilitate the meeting of deadlines by keeping multiple agendas and provide timely reminders
- Proven experience of at least 1yr as legal secretary
- Basic knowledge of constitution, litigation, conveyancing, legal terminology, regulations, court pleadings and court system
- Knowledge of MS Office and ability to work with legal technology (court-filing computer systems, transcription software, dictaphone etc)
- Working knowledge of litigation management software systems is a plus
- Proficiency in English and Kiswahili
- Outstanding time-management and typing skills
- Ability to multitask and being comfortable dealing with a diverse pool of people
- Legal Secretary certification or diploma will be an added advantage
Cover Letter and detailed CV are to be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org marking the subject as “2527”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2527 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: 21st November 2016
N.B.* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.