Job Title: Margarine Plant Operator
Salary: USD 1800 (Net) + Benefits
Our client is an Oil Processing Company based in Lilongwe, Malawi and processes premium oil brands from different oil seeds.
They are looking to fill the position of a Margarine Plant Operator who will be tasked with overseeing operations in their new margarine plant ensuring policies and procedures are followed.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Perform assigned treatment plant rounds; inspect, monitor, troubleshoot performance test and document plant processes by reading plant equipment gauges, dials, graphs, online analyzers, computer screens, meters and other instrumentation.
- Operate and adjust treatment plant pumps, motors, feeders and other equipment to maintain appropriate plant operations.
- Maintain, compile and update plant operations logs and reports; perform and record mathematical calculations related to plant operational activities.
- Ensure adequate chemical application according to regulations and guidelines.
- Install, maintain, repair, modify, troubleshoot and service plant operations machinery
- Collect and document liquid and solid samples and perform a variety of routine water quality laboratory tests; work closely with the laboratory on testing processes; monitor laboratory results
- Operate a variety of heavy equipment including backhoes, loaders, scrapers, renovators, forklifts, dump trucks, truck-mounted sludge/compost mixers, and tractor trailer combinations; assist in unloading chemicals as necessary.
- Coordinate construction, plant facility maintenance, material selection and repair activities with maintenance, laboratory, contractors, vendors and other staff.
- Participate in the development of goals and procedures for water or wastewater treatment activities; gather and analyze data; develop a variety of reports.
- Analyse specifications and controls and determine quality of product.
- Report malfunctioning of plant facility equipments and observe automatic warning signals.
- Circulate chemicals in process units
- Provide lead supervision and training to assigned personnel; assign tasks and projects to plant operations staff; train staff in appropriate treatment methods and techniques; schedule staff to ensure proper plant coverage; audit and enter timesheet information into the City’s computer system for assigned employees.
- Participate in establishing schedules and methods for providing maintenance and repair services, identify the and reviewing with management
- Purchase assigned equipment and supplies for the assigned work area
- Perform other related duties as per management.
Key Skills & Qualifications:
- Degree in Food Science or related field of study
- At least 8 years of experience as a plant operator preferably in an oil processing plant
- Knowledge of operating principles of plant equipments
- Knowledge of standard principles of natural science
- Basic mathematical skills
- Laboratory analysis techniques and health hazards HACCP levels
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Should be able to supervise a team effectively
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Plant Operator) to email@example.com before Thursday 1st December 2016.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted