St. Theresa’s Mission Hospital Kiirua is a fast growing Mission Hospital which is committed to providing accessible, Affordable, Promotive, Preventive, Curative and Rehabilitative health services to all and in accordance to the social teachings of the Catholic Church.
We are looking at recruiting 3 Medical Officers to join in our team.
- Monitoring and providing appropriate clinical care (medical and surgical) to patients on hospital wards and in outpatient clinics
- Admitting patients requiring special care followed by investigations and treatment
- Examining and talking to patients to diagnose their medical conditions;
- Carrying out specific procedures, e.g. performing operations and specialist investigations.
- Making notes and preparing paperwork, both as a legal record of treatment and for the benefit of other healthcare professionals.
- Issuing a preliminary discharge summary to each patient prior to them leaving hospital, in accordance with service specifications.
- Maintaining patient rights, and be aware of cultural differences when dealing with patients.
- Liaising with other medical and non-medical staff in the hospital to ensure quality treatment.
- Reporting on-call (off shifts, weekends and holidays) as scheduled.
- Ensuring that comprehensive hospital medical records for all in and outpatients are accurately.
- Providing educational and clinical experience for clinical staff.
- Being an In charge if the department allocated
- Degree in Medicine and Surgery with a minimum of 2 years’ experience.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and analytical skills with meticulous attention to detail. Computer literacy, with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to work effectively with a team in a culturally diverse environment A good understanding of community dynamics..
How to Apply
Interested candidates may apply by sending their application to: email@example.com
Include the Medical Officer in the title.