Our client is a Premier non-deposit taking Microfinance company with a strategic plan of entry into the deposit taking Microfinance Bank (DTM) business within a year.
The Company offers unique and exceptional services and financial solutions to a wide range of business enterprises, and is hence looking to recruit qualified candidates for the position of Business Development Officer who are self-driven, dynamic, aggressive, agile, and skilled in sales and marketing, communication and financial analysis.
The candidates shall be responsible for initiation and growth of quality loan portfolio for the organization.
The candidates shall report to the Business Development Manager and shall be expected to meet a minimum level of monthly sales targets which shall be agreed with the Management.
- Client onboarding for purposes of offering unique products and world class services that meet the client’s specific financial needs.
- Robustly grow quality loan book and various incomes according to set targets.
- Growth of product holding per client in order to maximize the Company’s share of client’s wallet.
- Develop a healthy client base and business network which shall assure him or her of continuous business generation for both new and repeat business.
- Constantly engage clients in order to enlighten them on new products and services being offered by the Company.
- Identify opportunities and areas for growth within Nairobi County and its environs.
Customer Relationship Management
- Delight clients by efficiently offering services, responding to client queries and complaints within the Company’s stipulated SLA and TAT.
- Offer appropriate financial solutions to clients’ business needs and challenges while taking care of the interests of the Company.
- Prepare and submit client reports to management as may be required from time to time.
- Sound understanding of the local market and sharing this information with colleagues.
- Work with other team members to source for new business
- Participate in organized customer forums for both feedback and training on the Company’s products and services.
Competencies and Skills
- Financial statements analysis skills and the application of policies and principles for evaluation and management of the risk associated with lending.
- Excellent presentation skills including exceptional loan underwriting and product proposal development skills.
- Excellent communication and negotiating skills, articulate a sales proposition, interact effectively, able to converse with senior decision makers and key influencers with ease
- Good knowledge of personal or SME/Retail market products and the processes underpinning them, knowledge of the documentation related to industry credit processes and credit delinquency cycles as well as debt collection processes
- Ability to engage effectively, conduct community outreach and engage with small scale traders, business owners and other market segments
- Excellent Interpersonal and time management skills.
- Effective Planning and organization skills, attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Outgoing and pro-active in pursuit of credit deals with good knowledge of competitors
- Good knowledge of local competitors
Qualifications and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, BCom, or a relevant field.
- At least 3-year experience in business development in banking/microfinance sector
- CPA Part 2
- Professional qualification in Marketing such as CIM desirable
- Relevant training and qualification in lending process especially to SME/Retail by a reputable firm.
Remuneration: An attractive salary package is on offer dependent on skills, qualifications and experience.
Please send your CV in MS Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Indicate the job title on the subject.