Mwalimu National, a world-class cooperative financial institution and the largest African SACCO with branches in major towns across Kenya, seeks to recruit talented, creative, competent professionals who are dynamic team players and have proven performance track records, to fill the following position:
Job Description: Information Systems Auditor (ISA)
Job Grade: MW5
Summary: Under direct supervision of the Head of Internal Audit, Risk and Compliance, the holder performs detailed evaluation of internal controls and reviews computer information systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs general and application control reviews for computer information systems.
- Performs information control reviews to include system development standards, operating procedures, system security, programming controls, communication controls, backup and disaster recovery, and system maintenance.
- Directs and/or performs reviews of internal control procedures and security for systems under development and/or enhancements to current systems.
- Recommends revisions to audit procedures to enhance efficiencies. Reviews internal controls throughout the Society by evaluating the adequacy of system controls and recommends improvements.
- Prepares audit finding memoranda and working papers to ensure that adequate documentation exists to support the completed audit and conclusions.
- Prepares and presents written and oral reports and other technical information in a pertinent, concise, and accurate manner for distribution to Management.
- Follows up on audit findings to ensure that Management has taken corrective action(s).
- Assists and trains other audit staff in the use of computerized audit techniques, and in developing methods for review and analysis of computerized information systems.
- Maintains currency of knowledge with respect to relevant state-of-the-art technology, equipment, and/or systems.
- Conduct operational, compliance, financial and investigative audits, as assigned.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements
- A degree from a recognized University preferably in Computer Science or a related field with at least 3 years’ experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified above.
- Professional qualification in : Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), or Cert
- Internal Auditor (CIA) or Cert Public Account (CPA).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Knowledge of current technological developments/trends in the area of expertise.
- Proficient in using computer software (e.g., ACL, SQL, Excel) and application systems
- Ability to perform control reviews on systems development, operation, programming, control, and security procedures and standards.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Knowledge of auditing concepts and principles.
- Ability to review system backup, disaster recovery and maintenance procedures.
- Knowledge of software requirements for the auditing of computing systems and procedures.
- Knowledge of computer systems development and programming.
- Knowledge of general accounting principles.
- Ability to persuade and influence others.
How to Apply:
Applicants should submit their application letters, CVs, testimonials, copies of certificates and three referees, with their day time contacts, telephone numbers and email addresses not later than 11th November, 2016 to email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Mwalimu National is regulated by SASRA