Job Description: Information Security Administrator
- Practices and methods of IT strategy, enterprise architecture and security architecture
- Security concepts related to DNS, routing, authentication, VPN, proxy services and DDOS mitigation technologies
- ISO 27001/27002, ITIL and COBIT frameworks
- Windows, UNIX and Linux operating systems
- MySQL/SQL programming languages
- Firewall and intrusion detection/prevention protocols
- Secure coding practices, ethical hacking and threat modeling
- TCP/IP, computer networking, routing and switching
- Network security architecture development and definition
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities to identify and fix security risks.
- Good team working skills to develop security solutions in collaboration with other information technology professionals.
- Knowledge of third party auditing and cloud risk assessment methodologies
- Create and execute strategies to improve the reliability and security of IT projects/Systems
- Define, implement and maintain corporate security policies and procedures
- Spearhead vulnerability audits, forensic investigations and mitigation procedures
- Respond immediately to security-related incidents and provide a thorough post-event analysis
- Act as a key liaison between upper-level management, programmers, risk assessment staff and auditors.
- Advises senior management by identifying critical security issues; recommending risk-reduction solutions.
- Institute organization-wide training in security awareness, protocols and procedures.
- Ensure compliance regarding staff security and clearance
- Assess, test and select new security products and technologies
- Bachelor in Computer Science or information Technology or cyber security
- Knowledge in Information Security policies
- Certification in IT Security will be added advantage.
- 3-5 years working in IT Security related environment.
Applicants should submit their application letters, CVs, testimonials, copies of certificates and three referees, with their day time contacts, telephone numbers and email addresses not later than 11th November, 2016 to email@example.com
Mwalimu National is regulated by SASRA