The National AIDS Control Council (NACC) is a state Corporation whose mission is to provide policy and strategic framework for mobilizing and coordinating resources for the prevention of HIV transmission and provision of care and support to the infected and affected people in Kenya.
In our efforts to fulfil this mandate, the NACC seeks to recruit a suitable candidate for the following position:
Job Title: Head, Policy & Strategy Division
Reports to: Deputy Director Policy, Monitoring & Research
Grade: NACC 3
Department: Policy, Monitoring & Research
Business Purpose / Objective: Coordinate development, implementation and review of HIV policy and strategic framework.
- Develop the Kenya HIV and AIDS strategy
- Undertake HIV policy analysis and development
- Design of programmes addressing the HIV strategic priorities
- Divisional stewardship
- Establishing and monitoring the KASF Implementation mechanisms
- Communicate policy reviews
- Establish and routinely evaluate performance of strategic direction working groups
- Development and review of KASF through a participatory process involving stakeholders
- Undertake policy analysis and development on HIV and AIDS.
- Design programmes to address priorities on HIV as set out in KASF
- Provide divisional stewardship
- Establish and monitor KASF implementation mechanisms at all levels.
- Communicate on policy review
- Establish and track performance of the KASF working groups
Educational: Master’s & Bachelor’s degree in Economics or Development Studies or Project Management
Experience: Seven (7) years’ experience in high level HIV Policy, Strategy and Programme Development
Specific experience in policy and strategy management
- High level understanding of HIV policy and strategy issues in Kenya
- Understanding of rights-based approaches in strategy development.
- Fluency in written and verbal communication including in cross-cultural contexts.
- Ability to coordinate multi-sectoral engagements
The above positions are on three (3) year renewable contact basis subject to satisfactory performance through a formal appraisal.
The individuals recruited shall be of high integrity and able to work within a team.
If you fulfil the above requirements, you are invited to submit an application letter together with an up to date CV, copies of certificates, testimonials, names and contacts of three professional referees in a sealed envelope by 5:00 p.m on Friday, November 25, 2016 to the address provided below.
NACC is an equal opportunity employer and does NOT discriminate any applicant on the basis of their HIV status, ethnic background, sex, religion, disability, or marital status yet is attentive to gender, regional and ethnic balance. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
In addition to the indicated requirements all candidates will be required to meet the expectations of Chapter 6 on Leadership and Integrity.
This will include but is not limited to getting the following clearances:
- Certificate of Good Conduct
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti – Corruption Commission on Integrity for Public Servants
- Certificate of Compliance from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) Tax Compliance Clearance
- Certificate of Clearance from the Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
National AIDS Control Council
Landmark Plaza 9th Floor
P.O. Box 61307, 00200