Position Title: Database Administrator
Position Scope: The successful candidate will be responsible for administering, maintaining, developing & implementing policies and procedures to ensure the security and integrity of the Bank’s Oracle databases.
- Create and maintain databases required for development, testing and production usage
- Performs the capacity planning required to create and maintain the databases
- Administration of Oracle RAC (Real Application Cluster), Oracle Exadata & DataGuard Administration
- Maintain database security, integrity and computing resources to comply with Bank standards
- Administer all database projects, including tables, clusters, indexes, views, sequences, packages & procedures
- Monitoring the performance of the database system and implementing or recommending the required changes to increase the performance and maximum uptime
- Plan and implement backup and recovery of Bank’s Oracle databases.
- Storage administration for V7000, DS4700 and Oracle Exadata Storage Cells
- Provide reliable backup services and conduct routine hardware and software audits of AIX servers to ensure compliance to established standards, policies, configuration guidelines, and procedures.
- Disaster recovery planning and implementation in line with Bank policy
- Manage and configure VIO client partitions, devices, V7000 & DS4700 storage.
- Automate tasks involving creation of scripts to run backups and monitor databases.
- Offer 24/7 databases support; provide rapid resolutions to database downtime and escalate issues to line manager & vendor as appropriate
- Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field.
- Three (3) years’ experience in relevant field
- A good knowledge of physical database design
- Excellent knowledge of Oracle backups and recovery scenarios
- Knowledge in Oracle RAC (Real Application Cluster), Exadata, & DataGuard Administration.
- Good communication skills ( oral & written)
- Strong analytical skills
- Team player
Send your CV and application letter clearly indicating the position title on the subject line to: email@example.com by 14th November 2016.