National Essay Writing Competition
Reality of Aid Africa and Junior Chamber International Nairobi Chapter invite young active citizens to participate in an essay writing competition. The essay competition is part of efforts to curate young people’s views on the Second-High Level Meeting (HLM2) by the Global Partnership for Effective Development Cooperation (GPEDC).
GPEDC is an inclusive multistakeholder partnership that brings together the full range of development actors to ensure that finance, knowledge and policy have maximum impact on development results.
The Global Partnership sustains political momentum for more effective development co-operation based on the shared principles of country ownership, focus on results, inclusive partnerships, and transparency and accountability.
Young active citizens are invited to submit an essay demonstrating their role as development actors taking action for Accountability for the effective realization of the sustainable development goals.
The Essay competition is being rolled out ahead of HLM2 taking place in Nairobi from 28th November to 1st December 2016. More details on HLM2 can be found here .
TOPIC: How Can Young People Strengthen Accountability in Achieving the Sustainable Development Goals?
- Cash Prize: Winner: KES 25,000, 1st Runners-Up KES 10,000, 2nd Runners-Up KES 5,000
- Top 3 entries will be published on Reality of Aid website
- Top 10 entries will receive certificates of participation
- Prize Giving will be done during the National Multi-stakeholder meeting for HLM2 taking place on 18th November 2016
All entries should be emailed to HLM2essay@gmail.com by Sunday 20th November Midnight.
- Open to all students enrolled in a tertiary institution – middle level college and/or university in Kenya. (Each entry must indicate Name of Entrant, Name of School and Registration Number)
- Only one entry per student is permitted.
- Entry should be 700 – 1000 words (excluding the footnotes, references & Bibliography), apply times new roman font 12, double spacing and one inch margins.
- Entry must demonstrate knowledge of 2030 Agenda, Global Partnership, and Development Effectiveness, as well as suggest ways young people can help ensure accountability to the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Entry must be an original piece of writing i.e. not published elsewhere or submitted to other competitions. Plagiarism will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Entry must be submitted in either Microsoft Word format or PDF Format. No other formats are acceptable
Contact us on HLM2essay@gmail.com or call 0704353043/0202345762