Position: Alternative Channel Representative
Reporting to: Alternative Channel Manager
Department: Mobile Sales
Role Purpose: He/she will oversee consultative selling and large account management through conceptualization, planning, development and implementation of an end to end account management plan for a sustainable long-term business relationship growth between the channel Partners and Telkom Kenya and also recruit and service Alternative Channels of distribution countrywide, through acquiring new partners and developing existing partners for achievement of revenue and acquisition targets.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Be lead point of contact for all matters specific to the partners within the defined channel accounts portfolio and develop a trusted advisor relationship with the channel partners.
- Ensure overall account management and development through account development plans so as to build and maintain strong, long-lasting Partner relationships with a view to maximize the lifetime value of the partner.
- Meet and exceed sales targets by developing long-term relationships within the targeted Channel Partners, and by identifying more opportunities to sell within existing accounts to demonstrate overall revenue growth within his/her Channel Partner accounts.
- Recruit and develop and manage new Alternative Channels Partner accounts to meet the market penetration requirements
- Participate in the achievement of targets set for acquisitions and airtime purchases with relation to Alternative Channel Accounts Managed
- Ensure Telkom Kenya promotions, offers are executed on the ground
- Consolidate and share for onward internal strategy improvement and all the channel partners’ feedback as well as market intelligence gathered by self, regarding the channels.
- Follow up on orders processing and deliveries to Alternative Channel Accounts, all regular and ad hoc sales reports & analysis handle Alternative Channel Partner Accounts queries.
- Participate in driving the approved programs within the retail channels and update the Alternative Channel Accounts administration data.
- Monitor and Report on Sales, Stock levels to ensure availability
- Monitor, supervise and report on Branding materials put up in all outlets
- Report on issues arising from the market in their channels
- Timely minutes of meetings with Channel partners
Academic / Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce or business related field from a recognized Institution.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in sales and account management /client service.
- Be a team player with pleasant outgoing personality and resilience.
- Knowledge of ethics and corporate governance ethos.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Capacity to propose solutions, make advices.
- Good knowledge of different handsets and their performances, modern communication techniques: mobile fax, data transmissions
- Influencing/Advising customers on company products & services
- Problem solving/Designing solutions to sales related issues arising in the course of work to the satisfaction of customers; Planning route plans, sales promos & initiatives;
This position is open to Kenyan citizens only.
If you fit the required profile, please apply highlighting how your qualifications, experience and career aspirations match the requirements for this position.
Application should be sent by latest 21st November 2016, please provide an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) including details of your current telephone contacts and names of three referees.
Apply through firstname.lastname@example.org and quote the job title in the subject field.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.