Our client a leading provider in Pharmacy, Health & Beauty in East Africa seeks to appoint a suitably qualified Pharmaceutical Technologist in Uganda.
This position will report to the Store Manager / Shift Leader and general responsibilities will include:
- Providing an outstanding level of customer service by assisting and advising on general Pharmacy health & beauty products
- Support other pharmacy team members in the receipt and preparation of prescriptions and by providing a high level of Patient care.
- Deliver & promote instore Professional Services
- Providing outstanding levels of Patient care
- Receiving and collecting prescriptions following the SOPs as required by the PPB
- Assembling and labeling medicines with the full description of contents etc as laid down in the SOPs
- Maintaining accurate and legal patient records on the dispensary system
- Advising Patients on their medications, taking into consideration relevant drug data sheet information
- Answering general telephone enquires from surgeries, patients and suppliers
- Selling to and advising customers on general medicinal products, complimentary preparations & beauty products
- Knowing when to make a referral to a pharmacist or other healthcare professional
- Carrying out any administration as required such as Medical insurance claims, KPI collection data & end of month prescription paperwork etc.
- Operating the EPOS/Till & payment methods together with maintaining an adequate cash float
- Being an active member of the Pharmacy team that delivers & promotes instore Professional Services.
- Preparing small scale or individual preparation of special ointments or creams and mixtures
- Ordering dispensary stock, checking and accepting deliveries and updating the stock control system.
- Stocking shelves, stock rotation, and date checking
- Ensuring all dispensary areas are clean and tidy
- Undertaking other duties appropriate to the post as agreed with the Store/Shift Manager
Essential Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Candidates presently working in Uganda
- Diploma in Pharmacy
- Committed to CPD
- Proven selling & customer service skills
- Outgoing with a friendly appearance
- Creative and enthusiastic
- Team player with strong communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong numeracy and literacy skills
- Able to deal with confidential information and follow set processes
- Registration with the PPB is an added advantage
- Experience in Stock ordering/control systems is an added advantage
Remuneration: An attractive salary package is on offer dependent on skills, qualifications and experience.
Please send your CV in MS Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate the job title on the subject.