Our client in the water engineering business, an equal opportunity employer is filling the position of a Procurement Coordinator whose details are described below.
Reporting: Managing Director
Liaison: Sales, Finance & Administration Departments
Job summary: The holder of this position shall be responsible for purchases, issuance of requested materials by the technical department and stock management in the store.
Principal duties and responsibility
- Be responsible for the overall function of the store
- Use the computerised the procurement system to track down all stocks in and out on real time
- Track stock out levels and do requisitions in a timely manner.
- Carry out stock taking at the end of every month for both the store and the workshop and report the same to management
- Ensure that all purchases and stock requests are approved by your supervisor.
- Receive and process requisition from the sales department for project materials
- Prepare purchase orders to replenish stocks to optimum levels
- Ensure to qualify suppliers based on quality supplies, price effectiveness and efficient deliveries
- Ensure to have a good relationship with suppliers and negotiate for a suitable credit facility
- Make orders and collect them from suppliers at least two days before departure of the truck to ensure no delays
- Receive faulty equipments, take record of the circumstances that lead to the fault and seek approval from your supervisor before replacing them
- Receive and record all client equipments meant for repair and label them.
- Ensure that all the store items are well labelled and organised
- Ensure a real time data entry of all goods received from suppliers and all goods issued.
- Prepare delivery notes for the technical department in copies
- File all the paper works in the store in an orderly and presentable manner
- You will be in-charge of preparing documentations for imports and clearing the same on arrival
- Work as a team with an assistant to ensure efficiency of the procurement process
- Any other duties as may be prescribed from time to time by your supervisor
Competencies and abilities
- Posses at least a diploma in Procurement
- At least 3 years experience working with procurement systems
- Computer literacy and hands on experience is a MUST
- Has good interpersonal skills
- Can relate well with people of all levels
- High Integrity
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit their cover letter and detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, clearly stating the job you are applying for in the Email subject.
Closing date for application is 23rd November, 2016
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted