Quavatel Limited is a company with headquarters in Kenya. Quavatel is focused on building the required infrastructure that enables individuals; businesses and communities access the Internet.
To this end, Quavatel provides a Turn-key optical fiber network deployment and undertakes the construction of the infrastructure projects for service providers to the public, Government institutions building network infrastructure for their own use or the public, as well as, enterprises building their own networks.
We wish to identify: highly competent, proactive and self-driven individuals who can work anywhere in Kenya, to fill the below position
Inside Plant Construction (ISP) Supervisor
Reporting to the project manager.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Direct the installation of major ISP equipment by ensuring that all appropriate structural, electrical and mechanical components are addressed.
- Supervise a group of ISP Installers in terms of delivery timelines and quality of workmanship
- Able to Pull fiber in conduit and open air risers.
- Capability to work and operate with Core drill appliances.
- Ability to install cabinet and do networking.
- Mastery in Installation of trunking in building and homes.
- Expertize in FAT, faceplates installation and etc.
- Ability to perform Splice fiber cabling.
- Control and schematic drawings for accuracy, coordinate and perform testing and commissioning of equipment and facilities.
- Provide site inspection of work to ensure completion in accordance with established design, specifications and company standards
- Complete and submit construction reports, contractors billing, contractors’ evaluations and project close-out reports
- Promote safety and environmental compliance throughout the job site
- Manage and coordinate the work of multiple contractors by resolving contractors’ conflicts, schedule issues and labor disputes.
- Any additional deliverables that may arise will be assigned from time to time.
- At least a Diploma in Electrical Engineering or Telecommunication Engineering
- At least 3 years experience in a similar position
- Valid driving license
- Knowledge and experience in fiber installation, networking, electric distribution design /engineering operations, maintenance and construction.
- Display knowledge on computer based business applications.
- Possess strong Interpersonal &Communication Skills.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates who meet the above should send their application and detailed CV, including your qualifications, experience, present position and current remuneration.
The forwarding e-mail and cover letter must clearly indicate the job title on the subject line.
Send your application to email@example.com by 15th Nov 2016
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted