A fast growing medium Savings and Credit society based in Nairobi, with countrywide membership invites applications from qualified and competent professional with excellent credentials for the position of Business Development Officer
Key roles and Responsibilities:
- Formulating to grow the Organisation business line.
- Researching organisations and individuals to identify new leads and potential new markets
- Ensuring regular, timely and effective member communication.
- Contacting potential members to establish rapport and set up meetings
- Planning and overseeing new marketing initiatives
- Attending conferences, meetings, and Society events
- Contacting members to inform them about new developments in the Society’s products
- Developing Business Development quotations and proposals.
- Negotiating and renegotiating with existing and potential customers
- Developing sales goals for the Society and ensuring they are met
- Maintaining fruitful relationships with existing customers
- Ensuring that all departments work towards fulfilling the customer expectation and organizational goals.
- Preparing periodic reports
Qualifications and skills
- Must be below 35 years of age
- Business related degree. A bias in Marketing is preferred
- At least 2 years’ experience a similar environment.
- IT fluency
- Mature, self-driven and result oriented individual
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work for long hours
- In-depth knowledge of the industry and its current events
- Ability to handle pressure and meet deadlines
- Good interpersonal skills, and teamwork
- Strong analytical skills, attention to details and good with numbers
Qualified candidates should send their applications including cover letter, copies of relevant testimonials, detailed updated Curriculum Vitae with at least three referees, their contacts and day time telephone number to reach us not
later than Friday, 2 December 2016, addressed to:
P.O Box 49010- 00100