Duma Works is recruiting a Sales Associate for one of our clients.
The company is a fast growing Social Enterprise based in Uganda that manufactures and sells reusable (washable) sanitary pads as an impactful feminine hygiene solution for women and girls in East Africa and beyond.
Job Summary: The company has recently opened up a satellite office in Nairobi, Kenya and is looking to grow its customer base of NGOs, CBOs and government bodies across the country.
The company seeks an exceptional candidate who will continue to liaise with existing partners, as well as identify new opportunities to expand the network of clients in the country.
Together with the Kenyan and Ugandan sales teams, you will help develop a strategy with tangible targets to realize this goal.
The position will require travel to different parts of the country to develop new business in person for about 50% of the time.
You will be joining a small and highly driven team in Nairobi.
The position will give you the opportunity to join a well known, established social enterprise, while experiencing the thrill of expanding the company’s social mission and impact throughout Kenya.
The ideal candidate should be a determined and self-motivated individual with a hands-on attitude and the capacity to work independently.
If you are excited to gain experience in the emerging social enterprise sector and sell a product that is positively affecting the lives millions of girls and women across East Africa, apply now!
- Create new opportunities for the sale of the company’s Menstrual Kits in Kenya by identifying new partnership opportunities with NGOs, CBOs, charitable organizations & government bodies
- Travel to major cities across Kenya to establish new business relationships
- Increase the brand awareness of the company amongst NGOs in Kenya
- Keep an up-to-date database of all clients on Salesforce.com
- Assist customers with field visits to provide trainings on use and care of to product recipients
- Attend conferences and trade shows to promote the company’s products and liaise with customers
- Monitor competition by gathering current marketplace information on new products in East Africa
Skills & Experience
- Experience in business development, sales, marketing, entrepreneurship, customer service, and/or a similar field a must
- Proven ability to strategize, organize, and deliver a customized, targeted sales pitch to a broad spectrum of potential customers
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including highly proficient written (email) correspondence and strong oral presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to interact professionally and with sensitivity amongst culturally diverse staff and customers
- Understanding of the NGO and relief sector in East Africa and Kenya specifically.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and proactively, with excellent time management
- Mastery of English with excellent command of the language, both written and oral
- Knowledge of Swahili language required
- Complete familiarity with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Salesforce or equivalent CRM
- Able to work independently
- Flexibility with shifting priorities and competing demands in a fast-paced, challenging work environment
- Commitment to the company’s mission and objectives, with a keen sensitivity to empower and enable value conscious consumers through social enterprise
Cover Letter and detailed CV are to be sent by email to email@example.com marking the subject as “2509”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2509 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx.
If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: 15th November 2016
N.B.* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test. If you have any issues with the process, please reach out to +254702093793.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.