Together with the Kenyan and Ugandan sales teams, you will help develop a strategy with tangible targets to realize this goal.
The ideal candidate should be a determined and self-motivated individual with a hands-on attitude and the capacity to work independently.
- Create new opportunities for the sale of the company’s Menstrual Kits in Kenya by identifying new partnership opportunities with NGOs, CBOs, charitable organizations & government bodies
- Travel to major cities across Kenya to establish new business relationships
- Increase the brand awareness of the company amongst NGOs in Kenya
- Keep an up-to-date database of all clients on Salesforce.com
- Assist customers with field visits to provide trainings on use and care of to product recipients
- Attend conferences and trade shows to promote the company’s products and liaise with customers
- Monitor competition by gathering current marketplace information on new products in East Africa
- Experience in business development, sales, marketing, entrepreneurship, customer service, and/or a similar field a must
- Proven ability to strategize, organize, and deliver a customized, targeted sales pitch to a broad spectrum of potential customers
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including highly proficient written (email) correspondence and strong oral presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to interact professionally and with sensitivity amongst culturally diverse staff and customers
- Understanding of the NGO and relief sector in East Africa and Kenya specifically.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and proactively, with excellent time management
- Mastery of English with excellent command of the language, both written and oral
- Knowledge of Swahili language required
- Complete familiarity with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Salesforce or equivalent CRM
- Able to work independently
- Flexibility with shifting priorities and competing demands in a fast-paced, challenging work environment
- Commitment to the company’s mission and objectives, with a keen sensitivity to empower and enable value conscious consumers through social enterprise
Cover Letter and detailed CV are to be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org marking the subject as “2509”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2509 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx.
Deadline for receiving applications: 15th November 2016
N.B.* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test. If you have any issues with the process, please reach out to +254702093793.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.