Leading Digital TV industry player StarTimes Media is seeking a highly motivated and skilled professional who is suitably qualified to fill in the position of Human Resource Assistant
Department: Human Resource
Job Objective: The Human Resource Assistant is responsible for providing support in the various human resource functions, which include recruitment, staffing, training and development, performance monitoring, payroll processing and employee counseling.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintaining computer system by updating and entering data
- Setting appointments and arranging meetings
- Maintaining calendars of HR management team
- Compiling reports and spreadsheets and preparing spreadsheets
- Assist in the execution of the performance Management processes including employee evaluation
- HR Reporting (monthly, training, assessments, projects)
- Processing payroll and employee dues.
- Assist in leave management including system entries and tracking
- Answering payroll questions
- Facilitating resolutions to any payroll errors
- Participating in benefits tasks, such as claim resolutions, reconciling benefits statements, and approving invoices for payment
- Maintaining current HR files and databases
- Updating and maintaining employee benefits, employment status, and similar records
- Maintaining records related to grievances, performance reviews, and disciplinary actions
- Performing file audits to ensure that all required employee documentation is collected and maintained
- Performing payroll/benefit-related reconciliations
- Performing payroll and benefits audits and recommending any correction action
- Completing termination paperwork and assisting with exist interviews
Qualifications, Skills and Competencies:
- First Degree Human Resource Management, Commerce or Business Administration
- Higher Diploma from IHRM a necessary added advantage
- At least 2 years’ HR experience in a busy environment
- Extensive experience in payroll management and production
- Project Management skills
- Excellent computer skills and familiarity with MS office package especially MS Excel
- Excellent Oral and written communication skills
- Leadership skills
- Facilitation skills
- Willing to travel within region assigned
Salary: A competitive remuneration commensurate with knowledge and experience will be offered to the successful candidate.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to send their application letters and CV’s quoting relevant skills and experience with the position applied for as the subject to firstname.lastname@example.org
Kindly include names of three referees and a daytime telephone contact.
Interviews will be done on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.