Sheer Logic is seeking to engage a dynamic individual for the Technical Service Manager position for one of our clients in the hospitality industry.
Job Summary: Managing all Technical operations and delivering an excellent guest experience.
Able to read, interpret blueprints for repair works and familiar with electrical, plumbing and mechanical and health codes.
- Responsible for scheduling and performing preventive maintenance
- Provide support for other operating departments and guest activities
- Inspect entire engineering functions and prioritize tasks
- Ensure all lighting fixtures are in proper condition in all public areas, guestrooms, function rooms and all other areas in the hotel
- Work hand in hand with other technicians in resolving guest complaints and all other engineering related tasks
- Submit to the engineer the material and spare requirements for his section
- Document parts replaced and repaired
- Ensure all maintenance requests related to the electrical section are handled daily with all requests from guests being given first priority.
- Implement preventive and breakdown maintenance of all electrical appliances and submit a weekly report of the same to the chief engineer
- Carries out electrical installations within the building
- Ensure that all hazardous installations or equipment are isolates and a warning sign indicating “EQUIPMENT OUT OF ORDER-DO NOT OPERATE” FIXED.
- Responsible for testing the electrical stand-by generator on weekly basis
- Ensure that all electrical distribution panels rooms and workshop are maintained in a clean condition
- Supervises and assists in taking a daily record of all the electrical meter readings and submits to the Plant room Technician for preparation of the Daily Utility Reports
- Carries out weekly inspection on all electrical appliances and distribution system within the building and submits a report of the same to the General Manager
- Maintain department budget for all maintenance related items
- Recommend improvement for annual audit including energy efficiency, alternative power and conservation action
- Advises the storekeeper on what items to order for the Electrical section
- Participate in any training/development schemes as required by management
- Be completely conversant with Hotel Health and Safety Policy and procedures
- Develops plans, procedures, and activities to support business recovery when problems occur including backup and restoration procedures, vendor agreements, spare parts, data retention, and restoration planning.
- Ensures acceptable levels of performance in networked systems. This task involves a high degree of technical knowledge and effective management procedures within the Technical Services Team.
- Ability to spot and resolve problems efficiently
- Mastery in delegating multiple tasks
- Communication and leadership skills
- Ability to manage personnel and meet financial targets
- Guest oriented and service minded
- Demonstrate ability to motivate and manage a diverse team
- 3-5 years professional experience in a similar position
- Degree in Electrical Engineering and any other related field
- City and Guild certificate in engineering
If you believe your career objectives match this exciting position, please forward your application and detailed C.V stating your current position, remuneration, contact details
by 21st November 2016
to the Sheer Logic Management Consultants
E- Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
clearly marking “Technical Service Manager” on the subject line