Location: Nairobi / Dar es Salaam
Duration: Jan 2017 – Oct 2020
Travel: Domestic up to 50%
- Responsible for business related activities in support of assisted food processors within the SAPFF program; reporting to the lead food technologist;
- Lead and facilitate the business component of the technology and knowledge transfer to assist food processors to more effectively and efficiently comply with fortification standards, including customized business advice with select processors as well as facilitate broader business related trainings to the sector through workshops;
- Support business growth planning with assisted food processors, including marketing strategies, business planning, capital raising, equipment procurement, profit and loss forecasting, finance, market and operational planning; and
- Support linkages to the program’s matching grant fund and assist processors toward meeting and managing terms.
- Coordinate with lead food technologist providing business support to their technical advice and overall implementation of business objectives to meet program deliverables;
- Coordinate with the Project Accountant and lead food technologist on selecting and supporting eligibility to SAPFF’s matching grant fund;
- Interface with other country and regional staff to share lessons, best practices and refine our engagement model for optimal efficiency and impact;
- Participate in team meetings with the program and implementing partners to track progress, share learnings and provide input on the business component of our support to local food processors;
- Produce statistical and narrative reports for internal and external consumption, including success stories, challenges, case studies and impact results against selected indicators; and
- Identify business knowledge gaps in the local food processing industry and, with our chosen partners, facilitate the design and delivery of training modules.
- Degree in business-related studies, Masters Preferred
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in business development, finance or economics in the private sector;
- Experience in financial management, business diagnostics, business ratios, business plan development, conducting profit and loss analysis, loan requirements and loan management;
- Ability to quickly grasp the financial health and business needs of a company and translate these into corrective steps
- Project management skills and ability to work in a team
- Strong presentation skills and ability to advise and coach senior company representatives on business capacity building needs and advice;
- Excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills
- Ability to develop well-written, cohesive analyses and reports;
- Track record of building strong client and stakeholder relationships;
- Fluency in English required;
- Demonstrated experience in the Private Sector;
- Strong interpersonal and cross-cultural skills.
Cover Letter describing your interest and detailed CV are to be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org marking the subject as “2534”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2534 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx.
This role is open to Kenyan and Tanzanian Nationals
Deadline for receiving applications: 5th December 2016
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.