Position: Transport and Logistics Manager
Reporting to: Director of Finance and Operations
Our Client, Global Programs for Research & Training, is an international NGO wholly owned and controlled affiliate of the University of California San Francisco (UCSF).
UCSF Global Programs is seeking to recruit a highly competent Transport and Logistics Manager
Job Purpose: Manage all transport and logistics functions for Global Programs.
Responsible for planning, supervising and managing the warehousing, assets management, travel and fleet management.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Certificate in logistics management is preferred.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in managing transport and logistics in an iNGO, preferably working in public health.
- Valid and clean driving record.
Skills and Attributes:
- Personal integrity and transparency with direct supervisor(s)
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Kiswahili.
- Team player
- Must have mechanical knowledge
- Strong supervisory and managerial skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Competent with computer software applications including Microsoft Office programs (Word and Excel)
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate field travel for Global Programs staff and partners
- Coordinate logistics for all trainings, workshops and meetings
- Maintain an inventory of all vehicles, including cars, boats, motorcycles and bicycles as well as driver/rider assignments and supervision
- Oversee use and maintenance of all vehicles
- Ensure vehicles are installed with the fleet monitoring system and conduct routine spot checks to confirm condition.
- Monitor fleet reports including insurance, maintenance and fuel consumption.
- Timely reporting of accidents and incidents to the Director of Finance & Operations, as per policy
- Supervise drivers, riders and logisticians
- Maintain a schedule for mobile clinics
- Any other duty allocated by the Director of Finance and Operations.
To apply for this position, send a detailed CV and cover letter, stating your current position, current remuneration and contact details to email@example.com by Wednesday, November 23, 2016.
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement