Our client, a Travel and Tours Company in Nairobi seeks to fill the position of a Dispatch Officer.
This is a very key position in the company and the holder is the focal person between Customers, Drivers and the Company.
This position requires a very organized, time conscious and customer focused and self-driven individual with good communication skills and the ability to multitask effectively.
The position holder MUST be computer literate and very well conversant with routes within Nairobi.
- Have in-depth knowledge of routes within Nairobi, map reading skill and ability to track vehicles using Retriever software
- Receive orders from customers via phone call or email and make necessary arrangement for the appropriate driver and vehicle to be employed for each run
- Keep track of the movement and progress of each driver and vehicle and prepare timely reports for the manager and client
- Receive complains about driver and vehicle
- Receive report about vehicle defects, accident and emergency situations
- Relay reports and work orders to the supervisor
- Ensure timely dispatch of vehicles
- Negotiate rates with customers
- Prioritize bookings according to urgency and nature of transfer
- Maintain a friendly relationship with customers to ensure
- Continuous patronage
Qualifications / Skills
- A Diploma Holder in a Business related field
- Excellent Communication skills (listening, interpersonal, written and verbal)
- Excellent map reading skills and ability to use internet location facilities
- Ability to track vehicles using Retriever Software
- Ability to work well in high pressure environment
- A team player who can calmly manage stress associated with the position
- Able to multitask and prioritize tasks effectively without making mistakes
- Emotionally mature with good sense of judgment
- Excellent organization and planning skills
- At least 2 years continuous work experience in a similar role
- MUST be willing to work flexible schedules including working at night, on weekends, holidays, and over time to meet clients demands
- MUST have been in a leadership position in current or previous roles
If you meet the above qualifications send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, 30thNovember, 2016.
Clearly indicate the position applied for on the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No Telephone Calls Please.