Position: Procurement Manager
Reporting to: Director of Finance and Operations
Our Client, Global Programs for Research & Training, is an international NGO wholly owned and controlled affiliate of the University of California San Francisco (UCSF).
UCSF Global Programs is seeking to recruit a highly competent Procurement Manager
Job Purpose: Management of the all procurement at Global Programs offices including field offices.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in procurement or supply chain management.
- Master’s degree in supply chain management, business administration, or other related field is preferred.
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supplies (CIPS) or equivalent is an added advantage.
- At least 7 years of experience in procurement and supply chain management in a large complex public health institution.
- Demonstrated experience in effective vendor management
- 3-5 years of supervisory experience
Skills and Attributes:
- Personal integrity and transparency with direct supervisor(s)
- Fluency in both written and spoken English
- Staff supervisory skills
- Knowledge of procurement best practice
- Planning, organization and analytical skills
- Customer service and negotiation skills
- Team player
- Keen attention to detail and ability to function in a complex procurement department
- Proficient in computer usage for business including Microsoft Office Suite and email
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage the supply chain function including procurement of goods, works and services, asset tagging, and inventory management, to include disposal of equipment and inventory as per policy.
- Ensure compliance with Global Programs procurement regulations and donor requirements.
- Spearhead vendor prequalification and maintain an accurate and up to date pre-qualified vendor database
- Designs, recommends and implements automated procurement systems.
- Assist the program teams to develop and implement specifications for procurement
- Responsible for contract negotiation, review and management in conjunction with the program team.
- Coordinate and manage the request for proposal (RFP) process.
- Prepare and share regular procurement reports with relevant staff.
- Liaise with the finance team to streamline vendor payment processes
- Liaise with staff on the procurement policy to ensure adherence
- Provide supervision and training for all procurement staff.
- Any other duty allocated by the Director of Finance and Operations.
To apply for this position, send a detailed CV and cover letter, stating your current position, current remuneration and contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, November 23, 2016.
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement