UNDP Kenya invites applications for the following position:
Post Title: National Project Officer
Contract Type: Service Contract
Grade/Band: SB5/SC 10
Direct Supervisor: SITA Project Coordinator
Project: The project “Supporting Indian Trade and Investment for Africa” (SITA)
Duration: One year, renewable subject to funding and performance.
Duty Station: Nairobi, Kenya
Date of Issue: 7 November 2016
Closing Date: 13 November 2016
Background: The project Supporting Indian Trade and Investment for Africa (SITA) is a project implemented by the International Trade Centre (ITC) and financed by the United Kingdoms’ Department for International Development (DFID). It runs from 2015-2020.
The National Project Officer will represent the 5PTA project in Kenya and has the main role of acting as the key communicator between the Kenyan stakeholders and the Geneva based Project Coordination Unit (PCU).
Education and Experience:
- Master degree in Agriculture, International Economics, Trade, Business, Development or a related subject
- At least 8 years of experience in trade promotion / export development / sector development with a focus on developing countries.
- Experience in the use of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, Power Point, etc)
- Experience building and maintaining partnerships with Government, other development partners and the private sector in East Africa;
- Work experience in the United Nations System projects would be an advantage.
- Working experience in a United Nations field office in a developing country is an asset;
- Readiness to travel
- Management experience in relevant field at the national or international level.
For the full terms of reference and application procedures please access the UNDP e-recruitment portal through the following link –
Notice: UNDP as a matter of practice, does not charge any application, processing or training fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
UNDP is an equal opportunity employer which strives to achieve overall balance in its staffing patterns