University Research Co. LLC
Center for Human Services
Human Resource Officer
Contract Length: Six Months Contract
Reports to: Finance and Operations Manager
University Research Co., LLC (URC): URC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide.
With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
Established in 1965, URC offers a range of technical assistance to strengthen health and social systems and service quality by empowering communities and health workers to identify and scale up locally appropriate solutions to critical problems.
Internationally, we expand access to and improve the quality of services addressing maternal, newborn, and child health; infectious diseases, including HIV/AIDS, TB, and malaria; reproductive health and family planning; food and nutrition; and vulnerable children and families.
In the US, we focus on improving communication related to issues like substance abuse, with a particular focus on reaching underserved populations.
URC’s mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide.
Please join us in carrying out our mission (http://www.urc-chs.com/).
Division & Project Overview: The URC Quality & Performance Institute (QPI) is a division of URC which serves as an organizing force to bring together best practices, staff experience, partnerships, and documentation on improving health care at URC.
The USAID Applying Science to Strengthen and Improve Systems (ASSIST) Project is URC’s flagship project in quality improvement.
ASSIST is managed by URC’s Quality and Performance Institute, (QPI), which has implemented quality improvement and operations research programs in health care since 1981 and continues to be at the cutting edge of health care improvement work in countries around the world.
URC is looking for individuals to fill the position of Human Resource Officer for a USAID funded project Applying Science to strengthen and Improve Systems (ASSIST).
The project is a global leader in the implementation, advocacy, development and promotion of cost-effective methods to design and improve healthcare services and systems in developing and middle income countries.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Human Resources Officer will provide support to all aspects of the human resources function by ensuring the availability of a competent and well-motivated staff throughout the ASSIST Kenya Project in line with our policies and procedures.
Specific duties will include the following:
- Interpretation and implementation of URC HR policies and procedures.
- Administration and implementation of HR strategies focusing on achievement of the required results.
- Maintain staff data
- Promote equality and diversity within the Organization
- Staff recruitment- developing job descriptions, preparing advertisements, shortlisting and interviewing
- Co-ordinate staff performance including induction, probation and the annual performance evaluation.
- Support training and development activities including planning and delivering within the ASSIST Kenya Program.
- Fostering a workplace environment consistent with the organization’s values, mission and vision.
- Assist in ensuring URC’s compliance with all national legal and statutory requirements for the management of its HR resources.
- Manage staff welfare
- Administer staff remuneration and benefits
- Handling separation of staff by facilitating effective staff clearance, documentation and release from the organization
Required Experience & Qualifications
- The ideal candidate should have a first degree in social sciences or related discipline and a diploma in Human Resources Management.
- Registered as a member of the Institute of Human Resource Management (IHRM).
- Three (3) years’ experience in human resource management in a busy environment and INGO set up will be an added advantage.
- Experience in the HR functional areas and in the application of statutory and labour laws and of best practices in HR.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, influencing, facilitation and negotiation skills.
Desired Experience & Qualifications
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, tact and discretion when dealing with people.
- Experience in general office Administration.
- Good communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- A self-starter, highly organized with ability to organize work of self and others effectively
- Methodical and pays attention to details.
Please note: Only candidates who are eligible to work in Kenya for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position.
For immediate consideration, please visit URC’s Career Opportunities page at www.urc-chs.com/career-opportunities.
Qualified applicants can also send a cover letter and detailed curriculum vitae indicating present employer, and position, daytime telephone number, current salary, names and addresses of three work related referees to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for submitting applications is 30th November, 2016.
You must upload your CV/Résumé and your Cover Letter where indicated.
Also, please complete your application form and attach a completed USAID Form 1420 Contractor Employee Biographical Data Sheet as well.
Due to the large number of inquiries we receive, only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted.
No phone calls please.
However, since we are active around the world in the field of public health, we may wish to retain your CV in our database for other/future opportunities, unless you direct us otherwise.
Thank you very much for your interest.
URC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We value and seek diversity in our workforce.