Job Title: Director – Vocational Institution
Salary: 250K – 350K
Our client is a skills development organization that has recently set up a vocational institution in Kilifi.
They seek to hire a Director who will be responsible for the management of all aspects of trainee instruction and staff supervision of all its programs to achieve the optimum level of trainee retention and satisfaction.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for site level budget monitoring and management, with input into budget development
- Oversee the development and management of the Technical Training Centre management team
- Create and maintain strong partnership between line managers and the HR business partners to establish sponsorship, manage stakeholders, conduct needs assessments, design, plan for implementation, deliver, and evaluate solutions and interventions that foster alignment and further Arc Skills’ talent and succession strategies
- Coordinate technology implementation (planning, procurement, and training)
- Oversee enrolment at school site and, as required, lead the enrolment process by working with the community engagement officer, school leadership, secretaries and trainers to meet enrolment targets
- Advice the initial setup of the institution: This includes design and Implementation of institutional policies and procedures and advice the Recruitment, hiring, training and development of instructional staff
- Engage with Community Liaison Officer on enrolment campaigns for trainees (e.g., new students, intent to attend, waiting lists) including engagement in local marketing initiatives, demographic analysis, and coordination with local/regional communications specialists
- Observe and evaluate education staff
- Work with school personnel to maintain integrity and accuracy of student records, including maintenance and tracking of attendance and retention
- Maintain the appropriate records in compliance with National Gov, County Gov, Accrediting bodies (TVETA) and Arc Skills company policy
- Review, maintain, and update existing curriculum
- Respond to and resolve routine internal and external inquiries with parents, employees and school organizations
Skills and Qualifications
- Masters Degree in a relevant field – Technical and Vocational Education
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as principal or director in a reputed technical institution
- Experience working with/training low capacity teams/grass root organizations is a plus
- Must demonstrate a distinguished track record of achievement in managing educational organizations, relishing innovation, change and a commitment to transformation of practices and structures
- Proven track record of institution leadership in an international learning environment
- First class communication, networking, operational and analytical skills
- Knowledge of and experience in the use of technology in education
- Project management experience desired
- Effective communications skills (including IT skills and report writing)
- Critical thinking ability and conflict management skills
- Proven successful leadership of cross-functional teams
NB: Candidates must be from the coastal region
How to Apply
Please only send your CV quoting the job title in the email subject (Director – Vocational Institution) to email@example.com before Friday 25th November, 2016.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.