Job Title: Operations Manager – Vocational Institution
Salary: 100K – 120K
Our client is a skills development organization that has recently set up a vocational institution in Kilifi.
They seek to hire an Operations Manager to manage both staff, trainee and organizational needs.
This includes but is not limited to trainee recruitment, funding, quality assurance, marketing / PR, budgetary / financial administration, project management and human resources management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, organize, coordinate and control large group events, classified meetings, and community and family engagement events
- Local contract manager for transportation, foodservices, facilities maintenance, security and other third party service contracts
- Work with school staff to manage reporting and data tracking for all special education programs
- Support all operational and logistical projects for start-up operations and prepare reports on site operations
- Respond to and resolve routine internal and external inquiries with parents, employees and school organizations
- Financial/budgetary administration – planning and monitoring
- Handling correspondence – organizing and servicing committee meetings (producing agendas, taking minutes and producing reports etc.)
- Coordinate with the director to maintain a positive, safe learning environment for trainees by enforcing the discipline plan
- Responsible for public relations and communications plan: promote the institution through positive relations with community, businesses, parents and students
- Perform other duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications
- Degree in Business Administration or related course
- Minimum 5 year’s administrative experience
- Experience within vocational training organizations
- Experience of working with/training low capacity teams/grass root organizations
- Effective communications skills (including IT skills and report writing)
- Able to do stock taking – maintain equipment, textbook and supply inventories
- A keen eye for detail
- Time management and organization skills
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Critical thinking and successful leadership of cross-functional teams
- Strong interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy
- Knowledge of principles and practices of administration, supervision and training
- Budget preparation and control expertise
NB: Candidates must be from the coastal region
How to Apply
Please only send your CV quoting the job title in the email subject (Operations Manager – Vocational Institution) to email@example.com before Friday 25th November, 2016.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.
|Company / Organization||
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||